Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my awful confession..sort of.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I hate when my step daughters come over. Don't get me wrong..I love them just like my own daughter, but it is the way my daughter acts when they are here that drives me bat shit crazy. When they aren't here, she is mostly well behaved. For the past week she has been completely potty trained except at night. Each weekend, she is a totally different child. Doesn't listen, raises hell over nothing, and has the worst temper. She will gladly play and everything with them though. We took them home today, and my dd completely regressed. We had to keep reminding her she needs to try to potty (which we haven't done at all this week) and she will refuse. Her and I were sitting in my bedroom a few hours ago and all of a sudden she just started peeing all over the floor. Any other time, she would have said 'I need to potty' and walk to the bathroom. It used to upset me that she would act so violently, and doesn't listen...now, I'm upset that she has started to regress with the potty training that we have worked so hard on for the past 2 weeks. I just don't know what else to do but suffer through it. It's going to keep happening every time we get them and we are keeping them for the entire week next week...that's just gonna be worse.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mcelly
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

How old is everybody? My kids, 3 & 4 misbehave when my stepson, 11 comes over. 

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM
At first they often regress easily. Just keep working with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
My dd is 2 and my stepdaughters are 8 and almost 10.

Quoting Mcelly:

How old is everybody? My kids, 3 & 4 misbehave when my stepson, 11 comes over. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

All 3 of my boys were like that with Grandma... perfect little angels until grandma came over, lol. It was a rough time, but she'll grow out of it. It's totally normal.

Trisi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Its normal. It sucks, but it gets better.
Trisi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM
PS. It always took my kids 3 days to get back to "normal".

Quoting Trisi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I hope she is quick to get back to normal. She has been doing good today though.

Quoting Trisi:

PS. It always took my kids 3 days to get back to "normal".

Quoting Trisi:

Mspearly
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Just keep working her with and have your step daughters encourage her. We did that and everyone working together made it easier !

gertruandjesus
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Let her know that if she refuses to use the potty while they're there try letting her sit on the pot until she does. Believe me it works! She'll get tired of sitting on that potty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
That's the thing though..while they were here, she did great. They left Sunday. Monday she did good with using it, but today it's like she didn't even know what the potty was. She used the bathroom on herself twice in 10 minutes (4 times all day) and each time she just held onto herself, pointed, and screamed. When I got up to put her on her potty, it was too late.

Quoting gertruandjesus:

Let her know that if she refuses to use the potty while they're there try letting her sit on the pot until she does. Believe me it works! She'll get tired of sitting on that potty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)