Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you excited to send your kids to school?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 214 Replies
Or are you sad when they have to leave?

I am excited for the daily break, but I definitely didn't want her to get on that bus this morning! It never gets easy, every year I want to keep her home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We still have a couple of weeks before school starts here. My oldest will be in school all day (first grade) and my middle will be in pre-k which is 5 days a week, but only 9-11:30. I will miss them. I'll still have my infant home with me though. =)

tyfry7496
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Both. I'm glad to get him out of the house but it's his Senior year and I'm sad to not have my little boy anymore.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
A mixture of both. They go back in 2 weeks. Im ready for them to go, but we have had a great summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Sad I hate that they are in school 10mo's out of the year.

Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I'm excited to not have three children screaming and running through the house all week long. The two year old is nice and quiet without his big brothers teaching him nonsense:) I'm not excited to get up extra early though. lol.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We still have a while to go before mine goes back, but it's kind of all the same to me because I work and he's usually home before me.

cindilou13
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I'm excited, because I love to see how much they learn and how much fun they have.  Since we both work, I'm not home with them anyway, so for me and DH we don't have any more or less time with them no matter what time of the year.  I'm a bit sentimental about how big they are getting and how much they have grown and changed, but I'm otherwise excited for them to start the new year.

princessputter
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Both

Msgme
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

we still have a lil over a month left before they go back to school.  but i will be very sad when they have to go back. I have been really enjoying my summer with them.   My youngest starts middle school this year which she is very excited about.  My other 2 are highschool sophmores this year.  they are not as excited as their sister.

NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
He went back this morning and I hate it. Mainly the waking up at 6am and having to wait in that damn line after school to get him. I have an infant and a toddler home so it's not a break for me and it's actually easier when ds is home too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)