Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

married for ten years...............what are the chances?ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

how many of you were married for ten years or more and ended up divorced? why?

ETA...my 18 year old sister asked me yesterday if me and dh were going to go the distance since everyone she knows is divorced. i simply answered yes. we are committed to our marriage and making it work. we married young but always make our marriage a priority. just thought i would give a little background on why the post was made. we have been married longer than anyone in our families.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Hub and I are going on 23 years.  People tend to forget that they are a couple as soon as kids come along.  If people don't take care of their marriages then it will fail

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a real peach.
Quoting Anonymous:

Because I wanted alimony. After ten years you automatically are granted it because the woman's needs come first.

A woman deserves to be taken cared of. After so much we built together in our marriage all the years I deserve compensation. I can't be left high and dry. No woman deserves that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM
My brother was married 29 years and just getting divorced now.

I have been married 16 and can't imagine getting divorced.
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

we've been together for 17 yrs & married for 8yrs.. we will never divorce.  we have a very strong awesome marriage. 

SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I was married for just over 10 years and got divorced. There are multiple reasons as to why. One of those reasons is that we got married for the wrong reasons.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Not asking for alimony or child support. He is a good man and a good dad. We just don't work well together. He wasn't abusive, didn't cheat, didn't go out every night, didn't drink or do drugs. Problem was he didn't do anything really. We had no connection.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me. Will be married for 10 years this fall. Getting a divorce. Our marriage had been going downhill for a while. I have never for counseling (both marriage and for him personally). I went to counseling myself and have been fighting for 5 yrs. I am just done fighting.

Make sure you ask for alimony. Take the dirtbag to the bank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
My husband and I are almost at ten years and still happy. My mother had an affair and left my father after 41 years of marriage. My husband's parents split up after 22 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I didn't but my husband and his ex wife separated after 11 years, divorced around the 14 yr mark.

ANSnyder
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
We have only been married for 4 years and together for 6 years. Neither of us ever want to have a divorce. We work through everything and it's not always easy my husband is a control freak and always worries about everything. But in the end I know it's because he loves me and would do anything for me. As long as we both stay faithful I don't see us ever getting a divorce.
fygfitness_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting Roxygurl:

My parents were married 20 years before they divorced.

Wow :-( Do you know what went wrong?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)