Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

married for ten years...............what are the chances?ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

how many of you were married for ten years or more and ended up divorced? why?

ETA...my 18 year old sister asked me yesterday if me and dh were going to go the distance since everyone she knows is divorced. i simply answered yes. we are committed to our marriage and making it work. we married young but always make our marriage a priority. just thought i would give a little background on why the post was made. we have been married longer than anyone in our families.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
LawdHaveMercy
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Dh have been together for 10 years and married for 5 i can't imagine ever getting divorced
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just_hc
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

We've been married for 15 years.  Marriage takes work.  Too many people are willing to walk away so quickly and easily anymore without even trying to put in the work.  There will be good years and there will be bad years.  But you find a partner to walk thru this together and make it work.   My husband is my best friend and partner in life.   We will never divorce.    Of course I have wonderful role models.  My parents just celebrated their 40th anniversary.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I have more members of my family that are happily married over 20 years of marriage then those that got divorced. 

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

we've been married for 20 yrs...  no divorce here

fygfitness_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Oh, wow. If you don't mind my asking, how did you take it as an adult? My mom is married to my step dad but I consider him dad and I would be devastated if they divorced. I was excited for her when the divorce came through with her and my bio-father though.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Yup, they should've divorced when I was 10 or so but my mother wanted to live the SAHM life and she knew she couldn't survive alone so she waited until she found herself a rich boyfriend and then left my dad

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Quoting Roxygurl:

My parents were married 20 years before they divorced.

Wow :-( Do you know what went wrong?

VinhThiMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think after that long, it's less likely for sure. We're going on 14 years and he will never be able to get rid of me. LOL

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I haven't spoken to my mother in 4 years....

The divorce didnt bother me, the lying and shit she pulled after the divorce is what finally pushed me over the edge and why I have no contact with her.

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Oh, wow. If you don't mind my asking, how did you take it as an adult? My mom is married to my step dad but I consider him dad and I would be devastated if they divorced. I was excited for her when the divorce came through with her and my bio-father though.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Yup, they should've divorced when I was 10 or so but my mother wanted to live the SAHM life and she knew she couldn't survive alone so she waited until she found herself a rich boyfriend and then left my dad

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Quoting Roxygurl:

My parents were married 20 years before they divorced.

Wow :-( Do you know what went wrong?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumns_mom22
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
We will and married a year the 25th of this month. Been together 6 years. No signs of quitting yet. Of course we have had our issues, but still doing good!! My parents divorced a week after their 26th wedding anniversary. My mom was cheating on my dad.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My mom told my dad on their 10yr anaversary--also valentines day--that she was cheating and wanted a divorce. Shes a total bitch. My sets of grandparents have been married (inlaws included) for 65, 63 (would be 64 in january but grandpa just passed away a couple weeks ago), and 27 years. I have also been married longer than anyone else in my dh's family including his parents and we've only been married 4.5 years, together 8.5    Some people just dont want to work on things. The only thing i'd not stick arround for is infidelity or abuse. Happy 10 years!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My in laws divorced after 37 years, it came as a complete shock to everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)