Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scared and think I might have MS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
First off, I am a huge hypochondriac. But I don't want to miss anything just because I convince myself not to think about it.

For the last couple of years, I have been getting tingling on and off in my legs, usually when I am in bed. I have had migraines, ovarian cysts, and have just felt a little off.

Now I have had a big toe that has been swollen and sore for weeks.

I am super paranoid that I have MS. Am I just being dumb? My mom thinks it is just sciatica.

I should add that I am 4 months post partum.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh no hugs I know a woman with MS two one is dead now and this other lady is in a wheelchair i visit her its kind of sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes, you are being dumb.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
No shes not. My dad had it and the ONLY symptom he had before he was diganosed was his limbs were tingling. Opbest best go get checked, there are several thing that can cause the tingling and sciatica is one my legs did that when I had it withmy pregnancies. And you legs and cysts can be completely unrelated.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are being dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

And it could also be restless leg syndrome. To jump to the conclusion it is MS because of a swollen toe is well, dumb.

Quoting Hanab818:

No shes not. My dad had it and the ONLY symptom he had before he was diganosed was his limbs were tingling. Opbest best go get checked, there are several thing that can cause the tingling and sciatica is one my legs did that when I had it withmy pregnancies. And you legs and cysts can be completely unrelated.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are being dumb.

md3mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I know the feeling. I had tingling and other strange sensations - the doctors said that MS was a possibility. I was very afraid - turned out to be nothing, a little physical therapy and I was fine. the best thing to do is to consult a doctor to find out what is really causing your symptoms. I hope it's not MS.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
No its not, she concerned for her health, that is not dumb. MS is a horrible disease to have to live with.

Quoting Anonymous:

And it could also be restless leg syndrome. To jump to the conclusion it is MS because of a swollen toe is well, dumb.

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are being dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

No kidding. MIL had MS for 20+ years before she passed. And this OP minimizing a disease like MS because of a swollen toe is ridiculous. Shame on her.

Quoting Hanab818:

No its not, she concerned for her health, that is not dumb. MS is a horrible disease to have to live with.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hanab818:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

YOUR paranoid?

ha. i get tingling. migraines. and im suddely dropping things sometimes for no reason, and kinda sometimes slurring my speech.

katiew2012
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Have you talked to your doctor about the little symptoms? 

I have MS, and you can PM me if you want. 

Katie, proud wife of a railroader, and a future mother-to-be! 

I am the admin for a fb group for women who love a railroader. If you love a railroader, please join us. Search for Railroad Wives, Girlfriends, and Significant Others.

I only reply if I've been quoted, or I happen to look and see a response. So, if you want to discuss with me, please quote me. :) Thank-you and good day!

katiew2012
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea. This is not so common with MS. Believe me, I know first hand. 

People dying from MS is rare. They die from complications stemming from MS. MS itself is not fatal. 

And a lot of people who have MS never need a wheelchair. I am perfectly ambulatory. There have been times during a relapse when I needed canes to help walk and a chair for long distances, but  I can walk fine now. 

I am sorry if I sound upset, but being someone who has MS, there are so many people who don't understand it, and who pity me. I don't need pity. I'd rather help people understand it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no hugs I know a woman with MS two one is dead now and this other lady is in a wheelchair i visit her its kind of sad

Katie, proud wife of a railroader, and a future mother-to-be! 

I am the admin for a fb group for women who love a railroader. If you love a railroader, please join us. Search for Railroad Wives, Girlfriends, and Significant Others.

I only reply if I've been quoted, or I happen to look and see a response. So, if you want to discuss with me, please quote me. :) Thank-you and good day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)