Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your DH/SO a good household item shopper?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 55 Replies

We already know most DH's on here suck at groceries. But what about household items? Like cleaning supplies and toilet paper?

My DH is horrible about groceries. Without a list he just brings home garbage. With a list it's 50/50 on whether not I will get the correct items. Once I sent a list for 3 spaghetti squash, 5 zucchini and fresh romaine. I got 1 acorn squash, 6 cucumbers and bagged iceberg. It would have been quite humorous if I hadn't had to run to the store again.

Now on household cleaners, he is awesome. He knows the brands we get and never forgets anything. He is actually way better at household items than I am. I always forget something. Or I try a product because it's cheaper and they just don't work the same. Seriously, once you use Tide laundry soap, the Sun brand is worthless. 

I am also always experimenting with toilet paper. Right now I am on a Scott kick, but DH brought home the Walmart brand, extra soft. I seriously like it SO much better. It's like wiping with a cloud, LOL!

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My dh sucks at buying things for the house.  The guy has no brains when it comes to common sense.  Rant over.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM

LOL, that's my DH with groceries.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh sucks at buying things for the house.  The guy has no brains when it comes to common sense.  Rant over.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

If I text him pictures of the items I want, he can duplicate, he will usually buy it at Publix or the hardware store. He won't go to Target or Dollar General, unless it's life or death.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My DH is a Walmart Shopper. He would go to Target if it weren't 20 extra minutes away.

Quoting zoegirlsmom:

If I text him pictures of the items I want, he can duplicate, he will usually buy it at Publix or the hardware store. He won't go to Target or Dollar General, unless it's life or death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Dh is great with both. My only complaint is that he isn't a bargain shopper. It seriously pained me the other day when he came home with dishwasher detergent that he'd paid $7 for. I'd told him the same brand and size was in sale atthe drugstore up the road, 2 for $6.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
He's pretty good. He actually ends up doing most of the shopping for the house.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

DH is an excellent bargain shopper. He always looks for the most for his money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh is great with both. My only complaint is that he isn't a bargain shopper. It seriously pained me the other day when he came home with dishwasher detergent that he'd paid $7 for. I'd told him the same brand and size was in sale atthe drugstore up the road, 2 for $6.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

That's awesome.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's pretty good. He actually ends up doing most of the shopping for the house.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
He is great at housejold things. i like sams club tp lol and live their paper towels
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I like the Sun laundry detergent...lol. My DH does not go shopping without me for anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN