Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so ITCHY I'm gonna DIE!!!! - - Update... (orange) - *Ivy Dry!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

Damn skeeters!   I USED BUG SPRAY ALL OVER MY LEGS, ANKLES AND SHOES!  AND LOOK!    

ANYONE HAVE ANY "ITCH REMEDIES?"  Ya know, rub a banana skin on your horseshoe, spin around 6 times and say "jellybean!"   (Because the cortaid, benadryl, and aloe with lidocaine aren't doing a darn thing!)   

Okay, I've tried quite a few things - and found just some temporary relief.   But TODAY THEY ARE starting to ooze CLEAR STUFF.   So, It looks like POISION IVY.  So, who guessed Poison Ivy... .YOU WIN!    

So, a friend recommended this stuff called Ivy Dry - that I've never heard of.  IT's otc but apparently they hide it behind the pharmacy counter and you have to ask for it specifically.  Like it's some secret society miracle you have to "be in the know" to find out about.  Holy COW it works so good, I sprayed it on an HOUR AGO and nothing else has given anywhere near the relief this stuff does!  It's for poison ivy and bug bites....

http://www.ivydry.com/index.php

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

yikes!    I've heard that putting oragel on it can stop the itching. I've never tried it though

Anonandon
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Oatmeal bath - don't waste your money on the Aveeno stuff, just get some plain old oatmeal and grind it in a food processor.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Dab ammonia or vinegar on them.  Stings at first then better, for a while at least.

cmeeso
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Eeee. Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I have oatmeal!  I can do that, I'll make two oatmeal casts for my legs and walk around that way if I can!  Baaahaaahaa!  (Yes, I've gone crazy from the itching!)

Quoting Anonandon:

Oatmeal bath - don't waste your money on the Aveeno stuff, just get some plain old oatmeal and grind it in a food processor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Try putting yogurt on it.  

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Are you sure those are mosquito's bites? Look like fleas to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kikibix:

Dab ammonia or vinegar on them.  Stings at first then better, for a while at least.

I have vinegar too... Oh, I can be like a salad.  

ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Onions mashed up. Stinks but works! Also dry idea deodorant in roll on works too.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

DAMMMMN

You got them bad. They were tag teaming that ass, well ankle actually. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN