Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out why my brother raped me. EDIT IN BLUE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He raped me since I was 5 to 18. Don't ask why I never told, it's a long dramatic story.

Anyway, I found out today from my little sister that right around the time he started molesting me, he had been fondled by a male friend of my parents.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't make it right, but I'm not as mad anymore.

Does that make sense?

I should have mentioned, but he was 9 when he first started.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Replies (81-83):
chamamahaha
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
kidnapped people dont usually have the choice to leave....

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think children that are kidnapped and then don't want to eave their kidnappers as adults are happy they got kidnapped? That is called Stockholmes syndrome. Loyalty and even love to an abuser is an emotional and mental  conditioning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Until u were 18? Wtf i think u liked it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Let's recap:  I state my agreement that the brother should have known that having sex with a sibling was wrong, and ask why a sister also should not be expected to know that having sex with a sibling is wrong.  You respond that my victim-blaming is sickening. (But you're far from angry with me.)

Ok, whatever.  I don't know why you would want to split that hair, but you're free to do so.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shows what you know. I am far from angry. And I read her response..typical of someone who blames herself. It's not her fault and no matter what response either of you have, that fact is just that..an absolute fact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:47 AM
I think that it would make it easier for me to let go knowing what his reason was.

I mean he was 9 when he started. He really had no mental capacity to understand the full extent of what he was doing.

I still wouldn't be around him and it doesn't make an excuse but for me, it make the letting go and moving on with my life a little easier.

I'd be much more mad at your parents. Where the fuck were they when this bad shit was happening to their children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)