Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he won't be with me until my kids behave...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My boyfriend... says we can't move forward and live together until I get my kids under control.
I was a single mom for about 6 years...and I will say they do run over me...and I got to do something to get them under control. I love my boyfriend very much...and I understand not wanting to live with kids that act like they do. But...I think it would be good for them to have a man around..to help get them in order.. plus he's at my house all the time... but..I'm hurt by him saying we can't think about moving to the next level until my kids are at his standards I guess..
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Run.... Very fast!
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

How old are the kids?

What behavior does the BF not like?

How long have yall been together?

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
5 moms liked this

It's a good thing he said that because that means he wants you to parent your children and not do it himself. He doesn't want to move in and set new rules and have the kids hate him, he wants the rules in place and enforced by the time he does move in. I think it's great as a child of divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Well you should be disciplining them so they won't act like animals.
Can't say that I blame him really.
If they don't respect you, they may not respect him either if he were to move in.
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
You admit they run over you then are surprised someone doesn't want to move into your train wreck? I hope he gets wise and heads for the hills.
AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Making kids mind without losing yours.

Book. Don't remember the author. Read it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
He's not mean to them or anything...he's actually very good with them. But..he says they can't run his house like they run mine...

Quoting Anonymous:

Run.... Very fast!

Anonymous

Yea I wouldn't stay with him after that. I was a single mom before I met my now husband but even though my son was only one my husband loved him the way he was from the beginning and now he s daddy and we are working together to raise him

Anonymous
6 moms liked this
I don't blame him. Spend less time on a man and more on your kids. Apparently they need it.
mommyinthe303
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Humm...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)