Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you let your daughters go out with thier looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my dd is 6 and I never let her go anywhere with out making sure shes clean, hair neat ect. But today she tried so hard on her hair to make it look like a princess and was doing it for a good 45 minutes. She came out with this huge knot ball on top of her head. She was so exicted and thought she looked beautiful, and it really just looked like it was in the same ponytail for a week without brushing it. I was out of diapers so I had to go to the store and I couldnt tell her it looked horrid, so i look her like that. OMG people were screw facing me like I was a dirt bag. I was mordified, but it made her happy.  Would you let your dd go out like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Savmaralamommy
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this

I think it's really important that we let our little girls (and boys) find their own style (within reason of course). I've brought my youngest dd to the store in her swimsuit, tutu, batgirl cape, mask, and light up shoes. And she was absolutely adorable :)

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this

i used to do my dd's hair all pretty with bows and headbands and she'd look so cute. never failed. she looked cute till we pulled into the parking lot of the store. then she'd reach up and pull on her hair so that it looked like she just got out of bed.

i never judge a mom by how messy a child's hair is. i know you can spend all morning making your dd look precious and it takes her moments to destroy all your hard work.

QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Of course. Mine wear what they want, have their hair how they like, etc. Why would I ever tell them what they like doesn't look good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care anymore.  Other parents can stand in judgement, my daughter is happy I let her wear her pink tuu-tuu with her green fuzzy top and that I didn't fight her to do her hair. 

I gave up when I realized it was easier to let my son go grocery shopping in his Buzz Lightyear costume.  I would fight him to put on clothes, he would be miserable, I would be miserable and life would suck.  But costumes brightened his day, made me giggle and made grocery shopping go faster.

Clean faces - I do have a strict rule on clean faces (I have to show them I am in charge some of the time).  The other battles I save for things that matter, and frankly clothes and hair don't matter in the course of life (well maybe eventually but he did outgrow that Buzzlight year costume).

AprilDJC
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM

She wanted to go like this one day lol, thankfully we were on vacation, driving back to WA from My Rushmore so really not out around a lot of people. She's usually so girly and prissy, I let her wear all black clothes and her black bandana. 

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Do it all the time.

Chibi went through a scribbling on her skin phase and I didn't make her wash it off.  It made parents glare and other kids worship her.

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

if it made her happy but DD is one and she doesnt really have hair except in the back and its a little curl lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Mobile Photo

NikiP1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Mobile Photo

She likes her hair up:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Hey, where you from that you say screw face? 

Quoting Anonymous:

my dd is 6 and I never let her go anywhere with out making sure shes clean, hair neat ect. But today she tried so hard on her hair to make it look like a princess and was doing it for a good 45 minutes. She came out with this huge knot ball on top of her head. She was so exicted and thought she looked beautiful, and it really just looked like it was in the same ponytail for a week without brushing it. I was out of diapers so I had to go to the store and I couldnt tell her it looked horrid, so i look her like that. OMG people were screw facing me like I was a dirt bag. I was mordified, but it made her happy.  Would you let your dd go out like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)