Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you let your daughters go out with thier looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my dd is 6 and I never let her go anywhere with out making sure shes clean, hair neat ect. But today she tried so hard on her hair to make it look like a princess and was doing it for a good 45 minutes. She came out with this huge knot ball on top of her head. She was so exicted and thought she looked beautiful, and it really just looked like it was in the same ponytail for a week without brushing it. I was out of diapers so I had to go to the store and I couldnt tell her it looked horrid, so i look her like that. OMG people were screw facing me like I was a dirt bag. I was mordified, but it made her happy.  Would you let your dd go out like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Quoting almondpigeon:

both of my daughters refuse to let me brush their hair.  i don't know why....so, no, most of the time, their hair is a mess

My daughter is 3 and has curly hair. She hates when I brush it and will run and hide. Yet her hair is so crazy I have to brush it and put it up, so I find her and she cries while I brush her hair. Ya I'm mean.
hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My 8 year old is a free spirit. Since she was 2, she has wanted to dress herself and I've let her. Some days she doesn't match, somedays she looks so cute and put together. I want her to be able to express herself and feel beautiful and proud, so I let her do her thing. We do have modesty rules in our house. Her shorts or skirts can't be too short and no tummy showing but the only reason I've had to enforce this is because she didn't realize that she grew out of her clothes before she put them on. I do say, "daughter! Hair brush!" before we leave the house and she usually protests but that's it :)

Jami134
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Awwww, that's sweet.  My daughter always looks nice & never "did" her own hair when she was younger, but I think you were a terrific mom for doing this. :)  (Full disclosure:  I dunno if I could have done it; it would about kill me, I think.)  When people mean mugged you, maybe you could have said, "She did her own hair; doesn't it look great?!"  Then just pray nobody ruins it for her. :)

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Why, they are children, what does it hurt if their shirt has a princess on it, geez!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

My girls are usually dressed to the nines.
P.S. They are under NO circumstance allowed to wear character clothing. I let the book bag slide on this trip to the zoo, but NEVER EVER EVER clothing!

CatFishMom
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

With that kind of effort behind it? Absolutely, and screw everyone else

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Dd is onlu 1 so its hard to keep her hair nice
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

no way, clean face, clean clothes, I try to do her hair but she hates things in her hair lol (shes 18 months) none of my kids go out looking like crap. 

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I pick and choose my battles. Their clothes must match but my daughters hair is a battle. She's starting to stop fighting me on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakerytreatz16
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Mine is only 16 months. It doesn't matter how clean and put together I make her look. She's like a filth magnet and is a wreck ten minutes later .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

kids are kids mine takes a bath and five minutes later she is dirty and messed up. I give.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)