Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you let your daughters go out with thier looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my dd is 6 and I never let her go anywhere with out making sure shes clean, hair neat ect. But today she tried so hard on her hair to make it look like a princess and was doing it for a good 45 minutes. She came out with this huge knot ball on top of her head. She was so exicted and thought she looked beautiful, and it really just looked like it was in the same ponytail for a week without brushing it. I was out of diapers so I had to go to the store and I couldnt tell her it looked horrid, so i look her like that. OMG people were screw facing me like I was a dirt bag. I was mordified, but it made her happy.  Would you let your dd go out like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (261-268):
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
My daughter will let everyone, except me, brush her hair.. So she brushes it..

It's a phase, so Meh
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Ah, let her have her fun and innocence. Screw the other people.

MommyMartinie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I would let her. I think it's important to keep your kids tidy and clean, but it's also important to let them do things on their own and be proud of what they do. 

AleashaJ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't let my dd go out of the house looking dirty I.e hair looking not washed, dirty face,clothes etc.

However if her hair was washed and all that and she wanted to do her own hair and it ended up looking like that then that would be fine and if people gave me looks I would simply smile and say my daughter did her own hair today isn't it beautiful? 

MaddieLainesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM

They're just so fun! And you get the collar embroidered in so many fun ways! We got crayons for her first day of school last year! It was precious!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have smocked dresses galore!! :)

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

My DD is very particular about looking nice and having her hair done which makes my life easier. I am a little weird about making sure she looks nice and has clean, matching clothes. She definitely has the classic little girl Southern style down -- ruffle pants, big bows, smock dresses, and such!

gemsandsparkles
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

my daughter has this hair to looks adorable tied in bunches but thats wen she lets me lol.

as soon as the bobble comes out she looks like a cavegirl again :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I let mine wear what she wants and have her hair the way she wants. I dont care what others think
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM
My dd is required to look nice if we leave the house. I see it as a reflection of a person's hygiene, and whatnot. Hair must be brushed, and clothes must match and such. I'm usually the one who looks a mess, with a baseball cap thrown on and no makeup. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)