Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you let your daughters go out with thier looking a mess?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my dd is 6 and I never let her go anywhere with out making sure shes clean, hair neat ect. But today she tried so hard on her hair to make it look like a princess and was doing it for a good 45 minutes. She came out with this huge knot ball on top of her head. She was so exicted and thought she looked beautiful, and it really just looked like it was in the same ponytail for a week without brushing it. I was out of diapers so I had to go to the store and I couldnt tell her it looked horrid, so i look her like that. OMG people were screw facing me like I was a dirt bag. I was mordified, but it made her happy.  Would you let your dd go out like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
HumanBeing
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
My dd hates having her hair nice so often she looks very messy while our. She is also 6.

I have found by putting it in braids it will stay longer.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Im not making fun of your children, they are beautiful, its there clothes, not them, and thats there mamas fault, not theres, I just think children should get some say in their clothing, it doesnt hurt to let them wear a princess shirt!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure why you mind what my kids wear or why you'd make fun of them.
Hmmm, you may not like their style, but we do :)

Quoting ahappymommy:

Umm well, your children arent you now are they? YOu would rather them look like they are in pajamas like your older one, or in a dress 3 times to big like the little one? 

You arent raising yourself, let your daughters have some self expression!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, because I don't like it.

They can have princess pjs and panties out the wazoo.

Quoting ahappymommy:Why, they are children, what does it hurt if their shirt has a princess on it, geez!

Quoting Anonymous:My girls are usually dressed to the nines.

P.S. They are under NO circumstance allowed to wear character clothing. I let the book bag slide on this trip to the zoo, but NEVER EVER EVER clothing!

hopeym23
by J3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

What is wrong with character clothing?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

My girls are usually dressed to the nines.
P.S. They are under NO circumstance allowed to wear character clothing. I let the book bag slide on this trip to the zoo, but NEVER EVER EVER clothing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Why are you so angry about what my kids wear?

It's OKAY that you like character clothes. Really, it is.

I personally think its trashy. But I don't lose my $hit when I see other people's kids wearing it.

Simmer!

Quoting ahappymommy:

Oh honey, stop acting like a snob, your children are wearing walmart shoes, not a big deal mind you, but you arent all high and mighty.

Secondly, Ive seen filthy rich movie stars with children in disney shirts and spongebob shirts, so it doesnt make you look special to NOT let them wear it, you dont have to be a fan of a style to allow your children to wear something they like, children need to be individuals, not cookie cutters of their mother!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh nice.

So you like trailer trash clothes, and we're not fans of that style.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round hon.

Quoting becky.riley:

I know right? I would much rather my dd wear a princess shirt than that ugly pajama looking pants suit thing the older one has on.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Why, they are children, what does it hurt if their shirt has a princess on it, geez!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Sometimes their hair is a mess, it's hair. She's learning. Let her learn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Then let YOUR kids wear them.

I'm still unsure why you're so offended that my style and yours differ.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Im not making fun of your children, they are beautiful, its there clothes, not them, and thats there mamas fault, not theres, I just think children should get some say in their clothing, it doesnt hurt to let them wear a princess shirt!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure why you mind what my kids wear or why you'd make fun of them.

Hmmm, you may not like their style, but we do :)

Quoting ahappymommy:

Umm well, your children arent you now are they? YOu would rather them look like they are in pajamas like your older one, or in a dress 3 times to big like the little one? 

You arent raising yourself, let your daughters have some self expression!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, because I don't like it.

They can have princess pjs and panties out the wazoo.

Quoting ahappymommy:Why, they are children, what does it hurt if their shirt has a princess on it, geez!

Quoting Anonymous:My girls are usually dressed to the nines.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd's hair is loose curly if that makes sense and she is 21 months sometimes her hair looks like a cave babies hair I will try to find a pic of it on a regular day lol and she loves wearing dora shirts guess we are trashy lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Not a fan.

Quoting hopeym23:

What is wrong with character clothing?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

mysweet1s
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
she.is. ADORABLE!!!
Quoting gypsy_rose:

Mobile Photo

Lol i have no choice. No mater what I do my SD's hair frizzes like crazy. Drives us both batty.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

See cave baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)