Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Restaurant kicked me out because of my son!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband's step mother chose a fancy restaurant for her birthday dinner. We went tonight and it was going well, and my 3 year old son was behaving.

The food took a long time to arrive (around 45 minutes), and my son started to get antsy. When he got his food, he took one bite and then started to cry about wanting to go home. My tactic when he gets into these moods is to ignore him, because he usually stops pretty quickly. He was having a little meltdown for no more than 5 minutes when the restaurant manager came over and said we needed to "remove him" until he was quiet and that his "volume" was "unacceptable" and that other patrons were complaining. 

I was taken aback because yes, he was being a little loud, but he was starting to quiet down, and having a stranger come over and say he needed to leave upset him. We ended up all leaving because it ruined the mood.

Would you call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner about this?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Speak to the owner about what?? No, I wouldn't.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
No, you should have handled that better.
NorseGodessMom
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
4 moms liked this

YOU DONT BRING KIDS TO FANCY RESTAURANTS!

Mommy2b2many
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have removed my child, not ignored him. You're in a nice restraunt, from what you are describing it was not a kidfriendly restaurant. If you insisted on bringing him you should have taken him out right as he started to make a scene.

The manager did what he was supposed to; make sure the atmosphere was one of a relaxation. No I would not call tomorrow

Whenever we have family dinners at restaurants I and my sil bring the kids in a half an hour later so the food is ready and there is no real wait time.
moroccanmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
4 moms liked this
Its rude to allow children to cry while in a restaurant.
I take kids to family places..if I go to anything beyond chillis I go without kids. Most people go to places to not hear kids whine;/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This should help
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
5 moms liked this

no. you should have removed him right away. your choice to ignore him in this particular setting was inappropriate and ill-conceived. you were wrongin this case. drop it befor you embarass yourself further. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Quoting Kerannmer:

No. Just because you ignore him when he's having a tantrum doesn't mean other (paying) patrons should have to, also. You should have taken him elsewhere when he started to "get loud".

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I would not talk to the owner. You were wrong.
I remove my child when he starts to get loud.
TeddiGrams
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope. It's your fault. You should've removed him and had a little talk outside ESPECIALLY in a fancier restaurant. People go there to relax. Not to hear kid crying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN