Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

have you ever heard of a 504 plan?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its for kids with special needs that don't qualify for ieps. It gives them extra help. Never heard of it before
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Is that when you get a slutty girl to suck your dick?
RMC007
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Yes. The difference between a 504 plan and an IEP is, 504 plans only offer accommodations and IEPs offer accommodations and modifications. All states do things differently, but in Texas, a student will only receive an IEP if the student requires a modification in one of the state standards.  Astudent that has dyslexia and requires that test be given orally would be given a 504 plan. It is much, much easier to get a 504 plan than it is to get an IEP.

mandee1503
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Yep. My son will have an iep for his entire education though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
No, it's a real thing in schools. It has nothing to do with her, sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

504? Oh...I get it. Witty.

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

yes.  my son had one long before I could ever get an IEP for him.  

He is autistic btw

momma2mms
by Kristin on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My daughter has dyslexia. She has a 504. It is really awesome!

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Quoting LadyAmaranth:

I have a bit. But my sons psychologist want me to get him on an IEP plan vs the 504.

He will only qualify for an IEP after the school tests him and if try find enough of a descrepancy from his testing (I don't recall the exact deviation away from average he has to be). If he does have a disability but not enough of a descrepancy he can qualify for a 504 plan. Good luck momma! Hope it works out for you!
Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

It is not just for special needs kids. My DD has one for her anxiety, ADHD & blood sugar issues. We only got one last year and she was a junior in HS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Are you sure the program isn't named after her? Because she's the poster child of what might happen without one?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it's a real thing in schools. It has nothing to do with her, sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

504? Oh...I get it. Witty.

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
My son has one for that exact reason. He wears a hearing aide and gets seating accomodations and teachers must wear mics (wired classrooms) in order to meet his hearing needs but academically he is top in his class so he doesn't need an IEP any more.

When he was little and had speech issues that were impacting his learning he had an IEP. But now he just has hearing issues so we downgraded his plan to a 504.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

Yes. I am a former teacher though. It protects people with disabilities who do not have enough of a discrepancy in their academics to qualify for an IEP. You can have accommodations written into it to help meet your educational goals.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)