Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My best friend is my polar opposite and...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

It's all good! This is a good testiment to the saying "can't we all just get along?" Because, yes we can. In fact, it is possible to have deep, meaniful relationships with people who have different belief systems and lifestyles than you.

I have been best friends with my friend since we were 11, which makes it 19 years now. We met on the school bus and sat next to each other almost an entire year before speaking to each other. She would save me a seat everyday but not a word was said until almost the end of 6th grade. Since then, we have married, had children, gone through life changing events, not spoken for periods of time and spoken everyday other times.

About her:

She is A God fearing Christian

Her husband hunts and brings home the bacon...literally

Has four children under the age of 7

Can be kind of messy in the upkeep of her house...but again she has four kids! :)

Did not go to college

Has never dated outside her race

About me:

Am spiritual but more in the sense of nature, healing crystals, body work

Am vegan

Am kind of OCD about clutter free spaces

Am a college graduate

Has only had one boyfriend within my race, have almost always dated outside my race

What we have in common:

Love our children and to spend a ton of time with them

Are Salt n Peppa fanatics; tore it up on my 30th bday party at the karoeke bar

Both had rocky childhoods

Are generous and kind people

Love to laugh...especially while sipping coffee and watching the Maury Povich show

Have always been there for each other to cry with, celebrate with, take each other's children and laugh with

Do you have a bestie? Do you have a lot in common, a little or nothing?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I are polar opposites

Sometimes I want to beat him, but we have a deep and wonderful connection and I couldn't imagine life without him
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That's funny because my best friend & I have been friends for close to 19 years also & we really don't have much in common, especially now that she has two baby girls & mine are grown & gone. My grand kids & her kids are actually the same age. Sometimes you just click with certain people I guess.
brandydesiree
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Mobile Photo

My best friend and I are polar opposites also. I'm very outgoing and she is shy. She's super Baptist, I believe in God, but hate religion. I'm a conservative leaning libertarian, she's a pro-life democrat. She has only ever been with one man, her husband who she started dating our sophomore year. I was a bit of a ho until I met DH. She's never lived out of Louisiana and never left the country. I've lived in 12 states and traveled to over 30 countries.

Things we have in common: We love singing, acting and dancing. We were on the dance team all through high school. We're still obsessed with the backstreet boys... We've met them three times and going for a forth in September. We both love fried mushrooms and Stewarts Cherries and Cream Soda. We love road trips.

She's a fantastic listener and after 17 years of friendship, I know that I can still call her day or night and she'll be there for me without passing judgment.

ETA: She's the tall one, coming in a 6'.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend and I have been friends for 18 years and a. Polar opposites.
She has been with many men, had her first child early. Her husband and her have a very open marriage. She does attachment parenting.
I have only been with my husband. I didn't have my first child until 24. My husband and I have a traditional marriage. I am more of a free range parent
Yet we are always there for each other and have a blast.
JackieGirl007
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Same here. We've been friends since 3rd grade. I feel so blessed to have that.

AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My best friend and I have a few big differences. She is an atheist, a Republican, pro gun, anti abortion, soon to be divorced mom of five who loves the Walking Dead and horror movies. I'm a Christian, liberal, pro choice, married mom of three who hates horror movies and loves historical drama.

We don't discuss politics or religion. Sex, however? Yeah, that gets discussed, lol.

MommaGirl1207
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:38 AM
My best friends (twin sisters) & I have been friends for almost 25yrs (met when we were 4yrs old) & are opposites with lots of differences.

BUT, those differences have made us the people/friends we are. They have been my rock through a lot of crap (abusive childhood, health problems that required years of surgeries, & my mom's diagnoses & subsequent death from cancer) & I've been their rock through their diagnosis of MS.

I'm very grateful for them b/c I know it would have been very easy for them to get fed up with all of the drama/turmoil that I went through as a kid. I seriously don't know if I would have survived my childhood without them.
Now as adults (& with them having MS), I am getting a chance to "pay it back" & show them the same devotion to our friendship that they showed me back then.
Mommy2ETnBM
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM

One of my best friends and I have very few things in common but we have been great friends for the last 15 years. Your description of you and your best friend sounds almost identical to us. I'm Christian, she's athiest. I'm into the medical field stuff, she's into natural stuff. I'm not into co-sleeping/breastfeeding/wearing my kids, she is. She likes festivals like Bonnaroo, I like concerts from big name bands. She homeschools, mine go to public school. And we enjoy each others company tremendously when we hang out :)

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend and I are exactly the same. We have the same sense of humor, the same anxiety issues, we talk the same, like the same music, both have the same interests in art and movies and travel, etc.
ymom3
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend and I don't have a whole lot in common. I'm shy and don't express my feelings well. She is very outgoing and you will know if she is mad! We also look nothing alike she has dark hair, and brown eyes. I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN