Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The college is giving away my seat!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am due to write an exam tomorrow as part of my final course for my pre reqs for nursing and I plan to make sure they get an earfull from me regarding this.

As some may remember, I am waitlisted for nursing so I enrolled in the CCA course to get transfer credits and work experience for nursing. I paid for my seat and have done everything required.

I am a funded student which means I do not pay for 95% of my tuition. Tuition deadlinea were Friday, if you are funded or still waiting on your student loan you just had to inform them and they would still hold your seat and continue on as normal.

I called admissions weeks ago saying I am a funded student, they said okay everything here is documented and taken care of.

I got an email today (after they closed) informing me because my tuition was not paid and no arrangments were in place I am no longer enrolled and my seat may be given to someone else! This course is completely full so reapplying will simply waitlist me until Im supposed to start Nursing!

Has anyone had this happen? If so did you have to repay for your seat? As is money is very tight until I was due to be funded (because we are only supposed to work in the summer and I didnt want to put employeers in the awkward spot of me only working for 1 week after training), I can not afford another 200.00 seat fee and I do not feel I should have to pay it considering I made (and have phone logs showing I spoke with them) and was told everything was in place.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM
If it is a mistake I'm sure they will correct it. This shit happens all the time in college. They can always fix it, even if they tell you otherwise. Just stay calm and keep at them
ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Its just so frusterating. There are other schools that offer the course but I am now considered Alumni for this school (from last year) & wanted to continue my next three years there.

Quoting jamamama00:

If it is a mistake I'm sure they will correct it. This shit happens all the time in college. They can always fix it, even if they tell you otherwise. Just stay calm and keep at them
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Get used to it! I have seven years of college under my belt. Sadly, the shit schools can mess up just gets worse with time. Grad school was horrendous. I paid for my own school, too.....I had friends who had absolute nightmares dealing with financial aid bullshit!

Quoting ninjakids:

Its just so frusterating. There are other schools that offer the course but I am now considered Alumni for this school (from last year) & wanted to continue my next three years there.

Quoting jamamama00:

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM
this isnt even a aid from the school :(( last year I told them I wanted to drop Physics and pick up Biology instead since a second Biology class opened up. It was 4 weeks into my course (so.. 12 physics classes) & they informed me that I was never enrolled in it to begin with!

Quoting jamamama00:

Get used to it! I have seven years of college under my belt. Sadly, the shit schools can mess up just gets worse with time. Grad school was horrendous. I paid for my own school, too.....I had friends who had absolute nightmares dealing with financial aid bullshit!

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting jamamama00:

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:42 AM
bumppp?
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I would talk to your TA (if you've been given his/her name yet) or talk to admissions and find out what's going to happen next. Make note of the phone logs in your call/visit.

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM
currently waiting for admissions to open (5 more minutes)

Quoting AllofFive19:

I would talk to your TA (if you've been given his/her name yet) or talk to admissions and find out what's going to happen next. Make note of the phone logs in your call/visit.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Good Luck!

Quoting ninjakids:

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM
thanks, they seem to be giving me the run around telling me now to contact other places and have them send them information etc

Quoting AllofFive19:

Good Luck!

Quoting ninjakids:

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Ugh! I hate when that happens. Just keep taking notes of whom you speak to, when and what was said. And when all is done, if you don't get the response you're looking for... whack them over the head with the notebook.

Quoting ninjakids:

thanks, they seem to be giving me the run around telling me now to contact other places and have them send them information etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN