Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you/ do you live in a house where a violent crime or murder took place?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just what the title says.

I could.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:23 AM

no. Its not a fear of the supernatural, I don't believe in any of that. But places do carry 'vibes'. Old homes carry memories and feelings with them and I would not want to live in a place where something so negative occured. It would just bother me.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:28 AM
I guess it depends on the circumstances. If it was something like a break in or something I probably wouldn't because it could easily happen again. If it was domestic violence I could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM
I know a lot of fraud went on! I'm still getting rid of debt collectors!
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:32 AM

oh yup sure. if the house was kewl, i'd be open, in fact, i'd LOVE to live in the john list house....... sounded beautiful.

Christinaaz0919
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I'm watching it too lmao, that's what made me stop and read the post. No I couldn't. My daughter already feels spirit around her plus I think it would just creep me out. Maybe if I hadn't seen this movie so many times, I might be able to but hell no now!!!!

Quoting HumanBeing

I'm watching Amityville Horror, lol!

NBean311
by Chivette on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I don't think so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:34 AM

I could. My house was built in 1932...the family has a smaller home on the same property that was built in 1912...they lived in that home first until the big house was built. It's an old farmhouse and I have been told it reminds people of the Amityville home. I have never gotten any bad vibes or anything, but I am pretty sure someone has died here before.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:39 AM

The street where I live now used to be so bad that the name was changed. Two doors down from me some guy killed his wife,kids and himself. Plus there have been other murders, drug deal and what not through out. And I swear when it's dead quiet from my closet door I hear knocking. My youngest son has seen shadows and an apparition a few times. And I'm not only one in our complex to hear and it see strange things.

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM

ha! my house would freak you out then! built over 100 yrs ago...........and i don't know that i believe in ghosties and goblins either  but. oh BUT. crap i dunno. realllllly crappy when your lil uns get scared from 'bad faces'. i don't think anything really 'bad' happened here, but i SEE stuff, but no, i was just tired, but no i saw it, but of course i couldn't have, the kids are making shit up, but why would they but but but. and honestly i'd rather believe myself to be batshit crazy then to see a woman that wasn't there tuckin in my kids. i so could have sworn that i didn't believe either. but i saw that. so what, i'm schizophrenic? nope don't think so. guess i just don't really have a good understanding of what i, my hubby, my kids saw.

Quoting rfhsure:

no. Its not a fear of the supernatural, I don't believe in any of that. But places do carry 'vibes'. Old homes carry memories and feelings with them and I would not want to live in a place where something so negative occured. It would just bother me.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I have sleep paralysis, so seeing wierd shit is commonplace to me now. When I see something thats not right as im galling asleep/waking up, then ill rethink my opinions on ghosts.

Quoting want10more:

ha! my house would freak you out then! built over 100 yrs ago...........and i don't know that i believe in ghosties and goblins either  but. oh BUT. crap i dunno. realllllly crappy when your lil uns get scared from 'bad faces'. i don't think anything really 'bad' happened here, but i SEE stuff, but no, i was just tired, but no i saw it, but of course i couldn't have, the kids are making shit up, but why would they but but but. and honestly i'd rather believe myself to be batshit crazy then to see a woman that wasn't there tuckin in my kids. i so could have sworn that i didn't believe either. but i saw that. so what, i'm schizophrenic? nope don't think so. guess i just don't really have a good understanding of what i, my hubby, my kids saw.

Quoting rfhsure:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN