Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What did you spend last year??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
On school? Meaning events, supplies, uniforms, trips, lunch?

If you pay tuition that's fine add it in your total. But I really want to here from the moms of public schools. I've seen so many post about school supplies and uniforms and how it's so expensive. At the end of the day it still needs to get done. We suck it up and provide the things that our children need for school.

My dd goes to a public school but it's ran like a private school. Children who want to attend must test into the school. And they are very selective. Last year the total cost was around $1300 who knows what this year cost will be. Where heading into 1st grade and our end if the year trip will be Paris France.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Maybe $300. Doubt I spent that much though.
HumanBeing
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I have no idea!
Aside from school supplies and backpacks at the beginning last year we donated supplies through the year, sent in snacks for class, sent in treats for class, goodie bags for major holidays and donated quite a bit to class parties.

Then if you add in the fundraiser a like Eat at AppleBees night and the Fresh and Easy Market as well as school book fairs and other fundraiser a thrown by our PTA...I don't think I want to add it up, lol!

My kids attend public school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
I think it was that amount because I brought 5 uniforms for the week and that alone was like 200 dollars

Quoting justinnaimee:

Maybe $300. Doubt I spent that much though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM

...did you spend 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Ohhhh I just thought about the treats and stuff I brought in and the gifts I brought for teach week

Quoting HumanBeing:

I have no idea!

Aside from school supplies and backpacks at the beginning last year we donated supplies through the year, sent in snacks for class, sent in treats for class, goodie bags for major holidays and donated quite a bit to class parties.

Then if you add in the fundraiser a like Eat at AppleBees night and the Fresh and Easy Market as well as school book fairs and other fundraiser a thrown by our PTA...I don't think I want to add it up, lol!

My kids attend public school.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Well today I spent $160 on school uniforms and I don't even have kids in school lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

...did you spend 

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM

last year was 1800 to school, lunches, milk, school activities. then add in shoes for boy and girl, both about 60-80 buks. all needed gym shoes. and school sneakers. 20/pr for the lil un, 60/pr for the older ones. chorus/band clothes, shirts about 20 ea, pants for the girl 20, for the boy 50. and band/chorus shoes for both, 60. class trips are extra, i usually send 30 buks w/ girl, 10 w/ lil un, 50 w/ boy, depending on how much they eat.

but i so WISH my school was a 'selective' school..... my kids test out too high for sucha small school. and cuz of that they're damned lazy, just cuz they can be. ughhhh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Thank you for your reply. Yeah that soild about right 1800. I know this one mom how brought one uniform for the whole school year

Quoting want10more:

last year was 1800 to school, lunches, milk, school activities. then add in shoes for boy and girl, both about 60-80 buks. all needed gym shoes. and school sneakers. 20/pr for the lil un, 60/pr for the older ones. chorus/band clothes, shirts about 20 ea, pants for the girl 20, for the boy 50. and band/chorus shoes for both, 60. class trips are extra, i usually send 30 buks w/ girl, 10 w/ lil un, 50 w/ boy, depending on how much they eat.

but i so WISH my school was a 'selective' school..... my kids test out too high for sucha small school. and cuz of that they're damned lazy, just cuz they can be. ughhhh.

mudwrap
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Paris France for end of the year school trip? Where are you located?

I'm in California. We donated $1000 to the school, school supplies spent $500 for the 4 kids? books (wasn't able to keep track how much), kids bought lunch daily, no uniforms, camping trips & other trips $700-$1000. Not sure what else. After school Extra curricular activities more $$.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)