Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh My A**!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
No really. My ass is hurting so bad. When I was a kid I broke my tailbone.....twice. Then I stayed very busy and active. I joined the military and ran too much and suffered stress fractures in my hips and such.

Now at 26 and 3 kids later I've lost any time to workout. I'm about 15lbs over weight and have lost some strength. Well my youngest is old enough now I can join the gym again and I'm doing just that! But in the meantime we took a road trip and I am jacked up bad. After sitting when I stand my tailbone hurts so bad I nearly collapse (I actually did once during the trip) and my hips constantly hurt and pop.

Anybody else deal with this? I'm thinking my first step is stretching, exercise, Motrin, and doctor visit? Maybe refrain from sitting for a while?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Bump
csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM

What you said sounds good to me, except for no sitting.  That would be a tough one to accomplish.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:28 AM
It sucks to be literally butt hurt. Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:29 AM
You need to see a doctor and possibly have an MRI to get a good look at your hips and tail bone area. You might have a collapsed vertebra or blown disk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM
My back doesn't hurt at all. It's all from the tailbone down. My hips have bothered me for years. I'm thinking the 1,000mi car ride messed me up. I would expect like my low back or something to hurt as well but all the pain is pelvic area. Of course the coccyx is the bottoms of the spine. I know that. But walking doesn't hurt my tailbone either. Just when I stand after sitting. And some sex positions. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to see a doctor and possibly have an MRI to get a good look at your hips and tail bone area. You might have a collapsed vertebra or blown disk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Not if you knew how bad it hurt to stand back up. Lol. We drove like 20min somewhere and when I got out of the jeep I just fell. I caught myself with the door and was dangling til dh came to pick me up. I haven't hurt like this since I broke my tailbone in 3rd grade.

Quoting csxt99:

What you said sounds good to me, except for no sitting.  That would be a tough one to accomplish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Yes. Yes it does. Thank you. I just hope it's something I can fix with a little work on my part. I've had so many surgeries just recently I'm done. I don't want more procedures. Yet I still need to have a bunion removed. I just don't know when.

Quoting mattiehatter:

It sucks to be literally butt hurt. Hope you feel better soon.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I have been there.  Just last week, I fell out of my tub- mid shower!  My legs give out and I just stumble and fall. I hope you feel better soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not if you knew how bad it hurt to stand back up. Lol. We drove like 20min somewhere and when I got out of the jeep I just fell. I caught myself with the door and was dangling til dh came to pick me up. I haven't hurt like this since I broke my tailbone in 3rd grade.

Quoting csxt99:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM
No but my hip hurts like hell! It hurt before I had my almost 11 lb baby.from my previous two....now it really hurts!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
My last two kids I swear nearly broke my pelvis. They weren't that big but they were full term and I was already in shambles. With my boy I spent my last 2 months sitting on an exercise ball only.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:No but my hip hurts like hell! It hurt before I had my almost 11 lb baby.from my previous two....now it really hurts!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)