Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At NICE restaurants

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I get annoyed about shitty parenting at ALL restaurants. If its a not a McDonalds or a Chuck e Cheese type place, you need to be the parent and get your kid to sit at your table and use indoor voices.

ZombieMeat
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I have taken my daughter to nice places but the second she got fussy, we went outside until she calmed down. How absurd to think that everyone should learn to just deal with your brat. (General you).
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Yes I have been annoyed, never said anything to anyone, someone else around us has always done it. My girl's know how to act in public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No becuase I know that kids need to learn and the only way for them to learn is to be out in public. 

Kitschy
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No and No.

I would take my child out of a restaurant if they behaved that way.

STVUstudent
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I have been annoyed by loud misbehaving children at nice restaurants.  I have also been the parent of loud misbehaving children at nice restaurants.  LOL... when my children misbehave, I take them out.  I have withdrawn to the lobby, or even the parking lot, asking our server or whoever we could get ahold of to package our meal up... yes, we have taken fine dining home in a styrofoam box...  We have never been asked to leave or to quiet our children, because we were proactive in doing that...

I would not say anything to the parents, because today, you just never know when some crack pot is going to flip out on you... but if th eparents were doing nothing, I would say something to the management.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
We don't go to nice restaurants because of the kids. But we don't let them act up in regular restaurants. It's rude!
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

It always grates on my nerves when people suggest that children should be held to a markedly different standard at better restaurants. The truth is that well behaved children are well behaved at every restaurant.

On the other hand, if you don't want your small child to be exposed to the bad example set by other small children in restaurants then you should avoid family chain restaurants. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I remember as a kid being marched right out of restaurants for acting up, as it should be.

tifbrown
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Yes, I've seen the noisy kids. No, I have never said anything. And, yes, I have had the loud kids. I immediately pick them up and take them to the bathroom. I've only had to do this a few times, for the most part my kids do very well in restaurants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured