Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At NICE restaurants

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (111-112):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Yes I have been disturbed by someone else's child at a restaraunt.  Yes, I have said something. I let the manager know that we are cutting our dinner short, because it is annoying, and that if I wanted to here someone's child cry, I would not have gotten a babysitter, and I would have gone somewhere icky, like Chili's.

No, I would not say anything to the parents, because if a parent is okay with being that rude, they are probably the type that would have no problem throwing punches.

No, I have never been that parent, because the moment my kid starts getting antsy, we take them outside. It is extremely rude to force other paying customers to endure that.  Also, what if someone has an anxiety, or sensory, condition?  That kind of noise could possibly case them to have an episode. I have an anxiety condition, and loud people can trigger an anxiety attack that will knock me on my butt.  How is that fair for me to allow my child to potentially ruing someone else's day out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I don't take my kids to restaurants that don't include a kids menu. If I go out to a fancy restaurant, I do get irritated by whining crying kids, especially if the parents are ignoring the kid. I take my kid out if she starts fussing. Why should other paying customers have to listen to some kid cry?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)