Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At NICE restaurants

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Oh, and to answer your question: no, I have not had that problem. We tend to eat in ethnic restaurants and nicer restaurants. I have never run across a poorly behaved child. There are not a lot of children but the ones who turn up are a pleasure to be around!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Yes screaming kids annoy me. I've never been asked to leave because I would always leave anyway if my son got to be too much

Lilroo424
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Never complained about another child. Had a nasty stare once when my son was little and dropped mac and cheese on the floor (I cleaned it of course), but my kids are ::knock on wood:: good in public.

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Annoyed? YES!

Complained? NO. Fortunately I have never been at a fancy restaurant and had a child a next table over.. I have been to plenty of family friendly restaurants with that scenario though, but I wasnt angry at all. It's expected at restaurants like that.

I take my boys to Kanki (japanese steakhouse). Thats as fancy as it gets for us and they are always well behaved. It's their favorite place to eat.

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yes, I have complained.

No, I have never been asked to leave or asked to quiet my kids down because I never allow my kids to get loud at ANY restaurant (fancy or family).  I remove them if they even hint at getting loud....long before they would bother anyone else.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
We bring DD to fairly nice places, but she's been going since birth, and behaves well. If she acted up, we'd be gone in a heartbeat.

I only complained to a parent once, which was for the safety of their two boys.
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I havent been annoyed by children at any restaurant.  I mean, kids cry or whine, but most of the time, the parent puts a stop to it or gets up and walks them around or whatever.  I would never complain to a manager about something like that.   I dont take my girls to "nice" restaurants yet.  The nicest place they have been was Applebees.  LOL!  They were pretty good tho, most of the people around us were just remarking at how cute they were (they are twins and get a lot of attention).  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
What do you consider a nice restaurant. Nice restaurants in my book rarely ever have children in them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM

No, I have no complained to another manager because of crying or tantrum dirven children. I understand sometimes kids are just out of control because they see an opportune time to act out. It does annoy me if they choose to ignore them when they should be handling the situation.

If my kids act up, they are either handled in the restaurant or taken outside till the calm down

spizzarks1978
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I would never bring my children to a fancy restaurant.  A place like that is for date night.  Plus I'm not paying $20 for chicken fingers and fries for my child to eat. 

I've never been kicked out of a restaurant, nor have I complained about another persons child.  Probably because the places I bring my children are child friendly.  If my kids ever started crying I would pick them up and take a walk outside until they calmed down.  It's common courtesy.  I would complain if the kids are running around the restaurant.  If you can't control your children then you should have gone to chucky cheese where it's allowed.  bottom line.

If I was at a fancy restaurant trying to enjoy some alone time with hubby, yes I would complain.  I shouldn't have to sit there and listen to kids cry and scream the entire time.  If they are being cute and laughing loudly it wouldn't bother me at all.  I'd listen to a cutie laugh any day over crying during my 'quiet date night' running around is unacceptable not matter how happy or sad the child is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN