Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At NICE restaurants

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM

No, never.

The only time someone screaming annoyed me was when I was in labour and the woman in the next room down was screaming lol.

heidi749
by Canadian on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

This.

If it is not a family friendly restaurant I do not bring my child to it, I save those places for date nights without our DS.

I have never been asked to leave due to my child's behaviour , but I have taken my son from a family restaurant due to his behavior.

I do get annoyed when parents bring a young child to a fancy restaurant and they do not behave.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

If the resturant does not have a kids menu or changing station it is not for kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
The crying and fussing I live with. I figure the kid is hungry and usually calms down when the food arrives. It is the running around that annoys the hell out of me and I will complain. Keep you brat in his/her chair or go eat at ChuckeCheese.
Josie_P
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
No because the nice restaurants here don't allow children after a certain time, so that's when I go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM

We never complained, even before we had kids. They are only doing what kids do, and most aren't that awful. 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Yes annoyed, no didn't complain. I think there is a simple dining expectation depending on the caliber of restaurant you are dining at.  I do not go to a higher end restaurant to be disturbed by the same noises I can have at home for free.

RobinChristine
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We have a local resturant that is  lit by all candle light,the female servers wear evening gowns,the waiters tuxes. Yet it  has high chairs/booster seats in the lobby.

I have never complained or been asked to leave,I can tune most things out so  a parent having a diffucult child does not  bother me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

If the children are really young I don't say anything. Now if they are 7 and up, I don't go to the manger, I go to the parents first and if that doesn't work then I go to the manger. I've only done it once though. My husband and I were eating out, *without our own child, he was at home with his uncle because he didn't want to come out* & there was this HELLION of a ten year old. All she did was scream, cry, wail, because she wasn't allowed to have ice cream first. Sitting not even two tables away from us.. Yeah I said something.

and My son has only ever created a horrible time for me once. He was three. We had been traveling. I put a stop to it.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
The last time we went out as a family, we had a table next to a screaming baby. It was the mother and her mom(gma). It was clear child child only was ever cared for by mom and just wanted her mom to hold her. But the mother was he'll bent on ignoring the literal screams and eating her dinner(encouraged by the gma). Saying she deserves it. I am sure she deserves a good meal but doesn't everyone else too! My dh started my ling, then complaining, echoed by all the others around the screamers table until the gma finally too the baby outside just to turn in five min to repeat the screaming(when baby saw mom, she again wanted held.). It was very annoying. I never did that. I would never do that. It's terribly rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

yes, i have been....when i go out to eat, its without my own kids..i don't wanna hear someone elses whiny brats

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)