Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At NICE restaurants

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
No I've never been asked to leave bc I'm respectful to others and my child and remove them from the situation until they are calm.

Yes I have said something to parents, it is rude and disrespectful and I've worked in restaurants and have had to ask families to leave bc of their children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Generally, the nicest restaurant I go to is Applebee's or Olive Garden. Other peoples kids don't usually bother me there, and mine know they will be hauled out by their ears if they can't behave.  However, many years ago, we went to a family dinner with my husbands family, celebrating his grandmothers 85th birthday.  It was at a really nice restaurant ( like 5 stars, $50 a plate nice) and I had an infant and a toddler.  I did not want to go and I thought it was inappropriate to take such small children to that kind of restaurant.  My mil pitched a fit, and insisted HER grandchildren attend her mil's b'day party.  It was aweful for me, but thankfully, by the time my kids got tired and cranky most of the other adults had imbibed enough alcohol to be fairly jolly and forgiving.

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yes, i have been annoyed. I have complained to management and said something to the parents. It really isn't that hard to step outside with your child for a few minutes to let them get it out of their system. I have never been asked to leave or quiet my child because I take them outside if they start acting up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
So then would you say it is ok to let your child scream and throw a fit in a family restaurant?

Quoting heidi749:

This.

If it is not a family friendly restaurant I do not bring my child to it, I save those places for date nights without our DS.

I have never been asked to leave due to my child's behaviour , but I have taken my son from a family restaurant due to his behavior.

I do get annoyed when parents bring a young child to a fancy restaurant and they do not behave.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

If the resturant does not have a kids menu or changing station it is not for kids. 

MamaRae85
by *you're on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM

This applies to me as well. I've also never had to complain to a manager. In my experience, even in cheapo restaurants, most parents remove the child from the dining area if they get too fussy or loud.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Yup I've been annoyed by children screaming or running around.

I've never been asked to leave because I'm strict in a restaurant and the kids know how to act. There has been a couple of times I've had to leave early because I've had a fussy kid but I wasn't asked to leave, I just knew it wasn't fair for the others around me to listen to a baby cry so we left.

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I have asked managers to ask other diners to quiet down.  And I have been the one with a screamo kid.  I've never had to have a manager ask to quiet my child though, I take him outside, to the lobby ect and when he is calm we go back in.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Yeah when you are trying to talk and a kid is drowning you out it gets old fast. I'm pretty strict in restraunts but come prepared with toys to avoid meltdowns. And if someone does act up we go to the truck until they calm down.
Rain2Rinse
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I have been annoyed by loud, screaming children. I either cancel my order, or have them box everything up so I can leave. I really dislike loud/crying/screaming children while I'm out dining.

Dd was never loud or anything while we were out. Turtle is 3 weeks old and he was crying when we went out to eat. I tried putting him on the boob but he was still fussing. I simply took him outside and we walked around while dh and dd finished their meal. Too easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM

No. 

ms-superwoman
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM

No, sometimes kids have their moments. Sometimes they are brats but I've never been overly annoyed or disrupted by kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)