Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All these teen moms! It's disgusting!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
5 moms liked this
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89.htm

The U.S. teen birth rate declined 9 percent from 2009 to 2010, reaching a historic low at 34.3 births per 1,000 women aged 15–19; the rate dropped 44 percent from 1991 through 2010.

And with more access to protection that number will continue to drop.

So lets stop being rude to eachother. It's ridiculous.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/FB-ATSRH.html----states teen sex is on the rise.

So more kids are having sex, but pregnancy is way down. Maybe talking to your kids about protection works?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Fewer babies were born to teenagers in 2010 than in any year since 1946. If the teen birth rates observed in 1991 had not declined through 2010 as they did, there would have been an estimated 3.4 million additional births to teens during 1992–2010.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
3 moms liked this

With the way many here talk about it, you'd think 10 out of every 12 mothers are teens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

ok, maybe thats the case, but the fact its even happening is a problem.  I managed to get through my entire teen years without opening my legs.  And once I did, I used protection.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Gotta love facts. Bwahahaha! 

IrieLife
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this
As long as the teen can support their child emotionally and financially, why is it a problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

ok, maybe thats the case, but the fact its even happening is a problem.  I managed to get through my entire teen years without opening my legs.  And once I did, I used protection.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Okay that really doesn't mean much.  Some people are married and are ready for children by 19.  So just because you hadn't opened your legs yet doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
It is still higher than other places but we are working on it. Things were worse in the 40s and 50s which I find hilarious. I think it's time for people to realise the progress we are making and focus on working on another problem.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

With the way many here talk about it, you'd think 10 out of every 12 mothers are teens.

LoriLou75

Too bad everyone isn't just like you.....   : /

Quoting Anonymous:

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

JackieGirl007
1 mom liked this

Meh. I used protection. It broke. You're not better than me b/c I got pregnant and you didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

exactly

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Meh. I used protection. It broke. You're not better than me b/c I got pregnant and you didn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)