Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really BM?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
Moving your DD 30 minutes away from her school and 40 from her work right before her junior year isn't a good idea. Useing your ex's address (saying you still live there when you don't) to keep DD in school the same school isn't ok. And lying saying you and ex are still together to keep yourself and kids on her insurance is fraud. DH and I will be sure the correct process is followed to make sure she can stay at her current school. If that can't happen because you just decided to move over night, you are the bad guy. Not us! We will also be contacting your ex's insurance to get the kids off of it and will be adding them to my policy. Maybe instead of moving for your current flavor of the month you should have taken your kids into consideration. You are proving once again your patenting skills are lacking.
Ok. Vent over...... For now.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areid1023
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I don't follow exactly. So there is your current dh and another ex? And she's moving her daughter 40 minutes away from her daughter's job or from bm's job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes. My DH is one ex they have a DD16 together. She has lived with numerous partners. She and the last one just broke up and she moved out. She's wanting to use her ex girlfriends address to keep her DD in the same school and to keep them on the ex girlfriends insurance. She is now 40 minutes away from her daughter's work. And 30 from her own. The reason she moved so far is because of a new girlfriend who live closer to where she moved. She didn't think about her daughter or her schooling when she moved. She only thought about herself. It's frustrating!

Quoting areid1023:

I don't follow exactly. So there is your current dh and another ex? And she's moving her daughter 40 minutes away from her daughter's job or from bm's job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

BM thinks it perfectly fine that her DD drives to our side of town at a minimum of of 5 days a week for school, 2-4 days a week for work. And then to come stay with us every weekend. We have offered to trade her parenting time during the school year so it's easier on her DD (we are about 15 minutes away from her school and 20 from her job). If she would trade we would get her DD Monday - Friday and BM would get her Friday - Sunday every weekend. And then during the summer we would switch back. BM refuses to do this. We live in a state that can get A LOT of snow in the winter and we are concerned with DD driving that far in inclement weather. And she's had her license less then a year and isn't the best driver yet which only increases our concerns.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

take her back to court so sd can live with you then. Does she want to live with you? At 16, there is a big chance the court will take her preference into consideration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I think she would be torn on where she wants to live. DH is hoping to figure this out with BM.  He did tell BM that if she wouldn't work with him on this he would be taking her back to court. We are just really hoping to avoid court due to the cost.

Quoting km1970:

take her back to court so sd can live with you then. Does she want to live with you? At 16, there is a big chance the court will take her preference into consideration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

cant the daughter decides where she wants to be?

Im not sure how that works for you guys but in our state when they hit a certain age the child gets to make those decisions. 

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM
If the kid is not at the listed address, that can be considered fraud. In my previous County, if you pretended to live within a district not your own, you could be billed for the resources your child used that you did not contribute to via taxes.

I wouldn't want any part of that. The County was tenacious about figuring out who was lying and getting repayment out of them.

This is also really unfair to the kid. Good luck to DH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Thanks!

Quoting LiliM:

If the kid is not at the listed address, that can be considered fraud. In my previous County, if you pretended to live within a district not your own, you could be billed for the resources your child used that you did not contribute to via taxes.

I wouldn't want any part of that. The County was tenacious about figuring out who was lying and getting repayment out of them.

This is also really unfair to the kid. Good luck to DH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

If we went to court I believe she is at an age where they would take her feelings into consideration. We are just trying to avoid court if possible. And it would be hard for her to choose. We don't want to put her through that if at all possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

cant the daughter decides where she wants to be?

Im not sure how that works for you guys but in our state when they hit a certain age the child gets to make those decisions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)