Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Does anyone else just not get along and have no relationship with their sister? How do you handle it, have you given up on any relationship, and do you have ant relationship with her kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
We are very different. There is a 7 yr difference and she got spoiled as the baby and a childhood diabetic. Its been ruff and some days we still have our moments. But the older we get the less of an issue it becomes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Did you have a relationship with her son the whole time? I love my nieces and at times she keeps them from me

Quoting RoxStetz:

I am the youngest of 3 girls, my oldest sister died 5 years ago. We were really close. My other sister s 3 years older than me, and we have no relaionship. She is a liar, a theif and if we weren't related, she isn't someone I would like. I do have a very close bond with her son. He is 25 and a great person .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Have never in my entire life been able to stand my psychotic sister. Haven't seen/spoken to her in 1.5 years and it's been wonderful not dealing with her attitude, lies, and drama drama drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I have 2 sisters. I rarely speak to the younger one. There's a 5 year difference between us. We have nothing in common and she's a judgy bitch.

I didn't speak to my older sister for a long time. Our mother kept us apart with lies and deceit and we just recently started talking. We were so close as children, until our little sister was born and the lies started from our mother .

Forgot to add, little sis has no children, big sis has 2 and they are awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Have never in my entire life been able to stand my psychotic sister. Haven't seen/spoken to her in 1.5 years and it's been wonderful not dealing with her attitude, lies, and drama drama drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I have 3 sisters, but I'm only close with one.
The youngest sister and I have had our fights and we end up not talking to each other for months, a year.
The oldest sister is sort of estranged from the family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Me to. She keeps my nieces at times from me. Idk even what I've done

Quoting first-one:

I am so sad about this post.  My sister and I haven't talked in years. And the last time I saw her was at my stepdad's funeral and she told me I couldn't ever see my nieces again.  She's just off her rocker, but it doesn't mean I don't miss having that relationship, or what I wish we had.  :(

hotmommytutu
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I haven'y spoken to mine in over a yr, almost 2 yrs now.  I've gotten over it, but the no communication between me and my niece and nephew breaks my heart.  

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I don't have a relationship with my brother. Two seperate holidays that my parent's get to go to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My sister and I don't really have a relationship and she's my only one, a few years younger than me. She treats her friends more like her sister.  She never asks me to hangout with her or go out to eat with her, but she definitely does it with her friends. I have tried so hard and generally when we do go out its because her friends may invite me or I invite myself, if I happen to be over my sisters house! Sometimes it feels awkward but I know how to make the best of it.  She talks bad about me to her friends infront of them telling them that I don't dress cute or know how to take cute pics with her.  She has no children and I have one, but she never calls to see how her nephew is doing she has stopped buying him christmas and b-day gifts altogether, not sure what happened..and Ive stopped asking along time ago! It;s sad and it hurts but what more can i do *shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)