Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Does anyone else just not get along and have no relationship with their sister? How do you handle it, have you given up on any relationship, and do you have ant relationship with her kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I call my sister, the "holiday sister" because she only calls or comes around on the holidays 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
My oldest sister is an alcoholic & addict. Once her first husband died, she married her drug dealer. I don't play those games & haven't talked to her in about 8 years. My younger sister is bat Crap crazy. She has had "mental breakdowns" to avoid jail time but admits she's just trying to get disability. I have no relationship with either other than what my dad tells me. All I can do is pray my niece & nephews are safe & healthy because she hides them.
smurfbitebug
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have no contact with my sister, and I haven't had contact with her for ten years or so. I don't know if she has any kids. I just kind of forget she even exists from time to time. Sometimes, rarely, I miss her. But mostly, she is just someone I used to know that wasn't ever really there in the first place so it doesn't matter all that much, I guess. If I really think about it, it does bother me. But I just don't very often anymore.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM

My biological sister and I have a casual relationship.  Nothing wrong, we are just different in every way.  Her kids are old enough we have our own relationship.

My adopted sister and I didn't speak for 17 years (she didn't speak to the family in general, long story) however we reconnected recently via FB and we talk every day.  We are playing catch up, but getting closer.  Her kids and I have not made contact yet, but we will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
ETA:
My sisters usually spend A LOT of time with eachother and OFTEN exclude me, yet they are ready to preach to me about how we should "come together" as sisters....bullshit....but, they HAVE always been there when I needed them and vice versa. Since I am the youngest, I have a VERY CLOSE relationship with my nieces and nephs because I have had a hand in raising them. My sisters have NEVER refused me seeing their children and they LOVE my DD and treat her well so I guess its okay, I just wish I could be included in their lives more.

I am BLESSED to have FOUR OLDER SISTERS..... with that being said.... "I do NOT LIKE THOSE HEFFERS 99.999999% of the time.... but....I LOVE THEM VERY MUCH!! Most of the time, they are not happy with my decisions and most of the way they live their lives, I dont agree with but.....when it matters, we cut the B.S. and come together... *shrugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
My sister and I are 2 very different people. She's made a lot of really bad choices that really turned her life upside down. I love her, but I'm not close to her. She is a very needy person in terms of needing help, rides, money, the list goes on. It's a very one sided relationship. She can't be there to help me, and I don't really trust her to watch my kids or keep my secrets. I wish things were different, things used to be different, but that's not the case anymore.
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm dealing with the exact same thing with my sister...it's sad .

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister and I don't really have a relationship and she's my only one, a few years younger than me. She treats her friends more like her sister.  She never asks me to hangout with her or go out to eat with her, but she definitely does it with her friends. I have tried so hard and generally when we do go out its because her friends may invite me or I invite myself, if I happen to be over my sisters house! Sometimes it feels awkward but I know how to make the best of it.  She talks bad about me to her friends infront of them telling them that I don't dress cute or know how to take cute pics with her.  She has no children and I have one, but she never calls to see how her nephew is doing she has stopped buying him christmas and b-day gifts altogether, not sure what happened..and Ive stopped asking along time ago! It;s sad and it hurts but what more can i do *shrugs*

jazzy411
by Jazmyne Lee on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I am very close with my sisters. Neither has any children yet (thank god), however once they are old enough to have them I'm sure I will be close with them as well.

My sisters are 14 just turned july 30th /14 soon to be 15 on sept 9th. both going into 9th grade this year.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

We've had our ups and downs. I have to remind myself to love her for who she is, and she probably has to do the same. 

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM
My situation is a little different, because I have stepsisters and we didn't grow up together. But out of my five stepsisters (two from stepmom, three from stepdad), there is one I am really close to, two that I get along with okay, and two I don't speak to. Of those two, I am close with one's DD, but none of the kids from the other. They don't even acknowledge me as their aunt.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, lol. I have a rather dysfunctional family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)