Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Does anyone else just not get along and have no relationship with their sister? How do you handle it, have you given up on any relationship, and do you have ant relationship with her kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Master_Debater
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I don't speak to my sister and with that comes not having a relationship with my niece, sucks but nothing I can do.

kristin_1984
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I have two sisters‚ we do have our moments where we don't talk or we argue but I think we have a good relationship. We talk almost everyday :)
first-one
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I'm just confused and it breaks my heart. I've tried to talk to her and I usually get something along the lines of 'you know what you did' or when I get pissed off and yell, then that gets thrown in my face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me to. She keeps my nieces at times from me. Idk even what I've done

Quoting first-one:

I am so sad about this post.  My sister and I haven't talked in years. And the last time I saw her was at my stepdad's funeral and she told me I couldn't ever see my nieces again.  She's just off her rocker, but it doesn't mean I don't miss having that relationship, or what I wish we had.  :(

HeadKrobe8789
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I really don't have a relationship with my one sister but that's because she grew up not knowing who I am so I imagine it's awkward for her.  My other sister and I are best friends.  We clash sometimes but that's normal in any form of relationship.

My grandmother only has one sibling--a younger sister--and she hasn't spoken to her in over thirty years.  They fought over something stupid--the younger sister got all the inheritance when their parents died and my grandmother got nothing--and they haven't spoken since.  She has nieces and nephews she hasn't met.  I think it's foolish but she won't listen to reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Yes it is sad..sorry to hear that hun!  What really hurt was when she told me and my son that he doesn't call her to see how she's doing, but yet she doesn't call him, he's 16 and she has never asked for his cell phone number. When I gave her his number, she never called...guess she doesn't know how to be a loving aunt, idk, but I have to admit, she's not good with children at all

Quoting blessedtohave7:

I'm dealing with the exact same thing with my sister...it's sad .

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister and I don't really have a relationship and she's my only one, a few years younger than me. She treats her friends more like her sister.  She never asks me to hangout with her or go out to eat with her, but she definitely does it with her friends. I have tried so hard and generally when we do go out its because her friends may invite me or I invite myself, if I happen to be over my sisters house! Sometimes it feels awkward but I know how to make the best of it.  She talks bad about me to her friends infront of them telling them that I don't dress cute or know how to take cute pics with her.  She has no children and I have one, but she never calls to see how her nephew is doing she has stopped buying him christmas and b-day gifts altogether, not sure what happened..and Ive stopped asking along time ago! It;s sad and it hurts but what more can i do *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM

This is my situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister and I don't really have a relationship and she's my only one, a few years younger than me. She treats her friends more like her sister.  She never asks me to hangout with her or go out to eat with her, but she definitely does it with her friends. I have tried so hard and generally when we do go out its because her friends may invite me or I invite myself, if I happen to be over my sisters house! Sometimes it feels awkward but I know how to make the best of it.  She talks bad about me to her friends infront of them telling them that I don't dress cute or know how to take cute pics with her.  She has no children and I have one, but she never calls to see how her nephew is doing she has stopped buying him christmas and b-day gifts altogether, not sure what happened..and Ive stopped asking along time ago! It;s sad and it hurts but what more can i do *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I feel for us, I thought I was the only one.

Quoting HeadKrobe8789:

I really don't have a relationship with my one sister but that's because she grew up not knowing who I am so I imagine it's awkward for her.  My other sister and I are best friends.  We clash sometimes but that's normal in any form of relationship.

My grandmother only has one sibling--a younger sister--and she hasn't spoken to her in over thirty years.  They fought over something stupid--the younger sister got all the inheritance when their parents died and my grandmother got nothing--and they haven't spoken since.  She has nieces and nephews she hasn't met.  I think it's foolish but she won't listen to reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
My sister lives far away and we don't see each other much. We don't call each other often either. We are different and want different things in life. Neither of us are able to keep our mouths shut for the sake of a better relationship.
MamaTinie
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I have 1 sister, 2 yrs older. She decided when i was about 10 that i am an evil spoiled brat and that i was a crack wh*re, it went down hill from there. I see her at mom/dads (she lives there) but we never speak....and i have LOVED it! My 3 brothers are awesom and so is SIL so no skin off my back.

bkwrmem
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM

never had a good relationship with my sister she effected and screwed a lot of shit in my life, i'm not gonna go into that deep lot of issues there.  so i don't talk or hang out with her often i have a low key relationship with her for my nieces., though my mom is still trying to get me to be bffs with her......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN