Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else just not get along and have no relationship with their sister? How do you handle it, have you given up on any relationship, and do you have ant relationship with her kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (41-49):
RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Yes. He knows what his mom is like. He loves her, but doesnt like her very much. He spent the majority of his childhood in my house wih my kids. He is married now and everyone who knows him says that its a miracle he turned out ao well. I attribute it to my dads influence,he spent a lot of time with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you have a relationship with her son the whole time? I love my nieces and at times she keeps them from me

Quoting RoxStetz:

I am the youngest of 3 girls, my oldest sister died 5 years ago. We were really close. My other sister s 3 years older than me, and we have no relaionship. She is a liar, a theif and if we weren't related, she isn't someone I would like. I do have a very close bond with her son. He is 25 and a great person .

starlight91
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Haven't talked to my sister in almost 10 yrs, shes just not someone I want in my life.

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I've got 3 half-sisters and the combination of not ever living with them, and being I'm so much older then them that a "sisterly" relationship never materialized. 

I do love them..it's just not the same as say, my brother that is 1 year older than me. We are close and our kids are close..My middle sister has a 2 year old that she doesn't take care of and my youngest sister just turned 21 and is busy being a single, free wheeling 21-year old.

heidi749
by Canadian on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I can thankfully say my relationship with my sister is great, as teens and young adults, it was a little nuts, I stayed with our dad, she stayed with our mom after they split, she was 5 I was 7, so as young children we did not spend a lot of time together, until I moved with her and our mom at age 16. Now my relationship with our dad is non existent, with our mom it is very distant.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I dont and havent spoken to her in almost five years. I tried for YEARS!! My dh tried two years ago to talk to her and let her know that our mother was pitting us against one another with more of her SSDD lies...she blocked him. I miss my nephews but I can only do so much. I cant handle the alcoholism, the entitled attitude she has, the constant insults, and theres SO much more. I will have to wait until my nephews are older to resume a relationship with them. :( I just cant be her punching bag/receptacle for insults anymore. 

Tink0711
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I don't have sisters. I have a sil though & I'm friends with her on facebook but I don't hang out with her & I haven't seen my niece or nephews in 3 1/2 years.
bcoll
by Brandi on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I had all brothers, but I have 4 daughters who I hope, stay close. I'm sorry mama.

Talienas
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM
My sisters are almost 11 lol (twins) so no we don't have any issues. Since I'm 34 I'll admit it's strange tho and I see them more like nieces or cousins than sisters because of the age gap. I have a dd older than them lol
b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I have a half sister who is only 15 years old and lives 3 hours away from me. We have a good relationship, visit, and keep in touch often.

I had a step sister (our parents were married for 6 years but then divorced) who I still keep in touch with but she lives 9 hours away. We have visited each other a couple times. Wish it were more but life gets in the way.

Now I also have 3 current step sisters who I have no relationship with 2 of them at all. I have the youngest on my FB and will talk sometimes but it's few and far between. Like 3 times in the past 5 years and she lives in the same town as I do. The middle one only wants to have anything to do with me when she wants something. The oldest of the 3 is a piece of crap. She's in and out of jail for multipule thigs and lost her son due to child endangerment.. She was caught doing drugs with some guy with him in the backseat amongst other things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured