Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you stay married if....

Posted by   + Show Post
Your husband said he wasn't "in love" with you anymore but he still loves you and wanted to stay married. Oh and he's cheated . ( this is not me , it's a friend)
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (111-114):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I don't think so. I hope I never have to find out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I really doubt it, I probably would have left after the cheating
daughteroftruth
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and I have. But he said that years ago to me.

I think people tend to fall in and out of love when they are married. Especially if you've been married a long time.

In my personal situation,  I chose to give him another chance because of our family, and he has ever cheated again. He has a lot of regret over the situation and all that he put me through. It took some counseling and lots of soul searching too for me. It's forgiven, but not forgotten.

I'd hard work to get over infidelity, but it's possible if you really want the marriage to work. Most importantly, though, I think a key ingredient is friendship moreso than the feeling of being in love.

Good luck to your friend no matter what she decides.

Just wanted to say, good for you! I've been in a similar situations, and we made it through just to be much stronger and much more in tune with each other. I know so many people will look at woman who stay as weak, and that is fine, I could care less what others think.. but I know how much strength it takes to stay and work past those issues, I know how emotionally exhausting process it is to heal after something has torn you apart. It takes a lot of strength, a lot of personal change and development, and a lots of time. But in my experience, it was worth it. Sounds like it was worth it for you as well.
Karen_29
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
If he is not in love with her and has cheated then whats the point of staying together. Staying together for the kids,is never good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)