Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diamonds are bulls***

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 43 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rohin-dhar/diamonds-are-bullshit_b_3708562.html?ir=Chicago

Finally people agree with me. I have never ever worn diamonds. I learned about the blood diamond trade and even before that I thought what a waste of money. It is a clear rock people and a waste of money. They dont even hold their value. So my husband is one of the few guys who never has to buy diamonds. My daughter just got engaged and she too forbade her boyfriend from buying one. He got her a clattus ring instead.

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenerica.
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
So they're not a girl's best friend?
SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this

*Claddagh ring

Is it bad that I loved the movie Blood Diamond but I didn't really take anything away from it except that I can stare at Leo DiCaprio for two hours without ever blinking? 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Diamond is my birthstone ......but I have never liked them. My wedding set has them but this set was my mil set.
pristine729
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I don't really care for diamonds either. I'm drawn to blue sapphires. I also like rubies because I'm a July baby.
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM

It's my birthstone too! I do think they're kind of boring, but I still love them. They're so sparkley!

Quoting KelliansMom:

Diamond is my birthstone ......but I have never liked them. My wedding set has them but this set was my mil set.

DazeDelights
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I too own a claddagh ring but I also love my diamond ring! They hold sentimental value for me.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I have a conflict free diamond.  Mine is a certified Canadian Diamond.  I do like diamonds, and will continue to wear mine and would not complain if my DH purchases them for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I love moonstones and garnets
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
The diamond that will be in my engagement ring came from a ring my grandmother bought before I was born, it holds sentimental value for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tink0711
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
For me, diamonds are too traditional. So I'm getting an "upgrade" on my engagement ring. I'm trying to get either an opal (my birthstone) or an emerald.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN