Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3rd baby shower tacky????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My mother is hosting a small shower for my 3rd son. It will be in the evening and just close family, like 20 people. My life is really crazy right now, dh left for someone else about 2 months ago. I am living at my moms till my apartment is ready. I have everything my baby will need. I just think it's tacky to have a shower again. I have tried to tell her no but that gets me no where. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
5 moms liked this

EVERY baby deserves some type of celebration!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I didn't have one for my second or third
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Yup. Showers are for baby #1. I would have refused more emphatically. People can bring gifts when they visit your newborn if they really want to.

I'm sorry for your recent troubles though.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Each child can have a celebration. There's nothing wrong with it. I didn't mind as much not having a baby shower for my second, because it was another boy and they're only 11 months apart, but I wish someone would've thrown me a shower for my baby girl.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
We had one for our 3rd son but we did a diapers and wipes shower. Maybe ask her to do that so you can stock up on those instead of things tou don't need.
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

This! So sorry that your dh is a butthole. When he finally realizes his mistake, I hope youve already moved on!  Hugs and congrats!!

Quoting TableforSeven:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

i cloth diaper and have a good stash. i asked for diapers at my last shower, ever registered online, and all i got was gerber prefolds. not complaining but i dont want more of them.

Quoting amy1will:

We had one for our 3rd son but we did a diapers and wipes shower. Maybe ask her to do that so you can stock up on those instead of things tou don't need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I dont think he ever will. 

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

This! So sorry that your dh is a butthole. When he finally realizes his mistake, I hope youve already moved on!  Hugs and congrats!!

Quoting TableforSeven:

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I didnt have a shower for my oldest(she is 9)However I had one with my twins.I think all babies are a celebration.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I believe every baby should be celebrated so no, I don't think its tacky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)