Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate cars.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

DH is buying a "new"-to-us car today. I hate spending money on cars. I don't give a crap what I drive. Anyone else like this? 

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM

BUMP!

MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Agreed. As long as it has a radio, a/c and room for my 6'5" DH's legs, I'm good.

*edit - And of course room for DD car seat.

emmypaige
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I despise driving. I avoid it whenever possible, and prefer biking or walking. I could bike most places around our previous home, and we are moving to the Seattle area next week so I don't think I'll have an issue biking there either. However since DH needs a car for work, and I drive when I have to I prefer our car to be safe, and reliable when it's needed.
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I'm the same. If it drives and has ac, I'm not too concerned with it otherwise.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting emmypaige:

I despise driving. I avoid it whenever possible, and prefer biking or walking. I could bike most places around our previous home, and we are moving to the Seattle area next week so I don't think I'll have an issue biking there either. However since DH needs a car for work, and I drive when I have to I prefer our car to be safe, and reliable when it's needed.

I kind of see cars as a necessary evil in our lives. I wish I could bike to work, but it's too far! 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

emmypaige
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
It's definitely needed in most places. I hope you like the new car either way, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Quoting fraujones:

Quoting emmypaige:

I kind of see cars as a necessary evil in our lives. I wish I could bike to work, but it's too far! 

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Nope. I love to drive and I love new cars.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Can't say I agree. I love driving and I love new cars, especially because I couldn't afford them until recently. The only thing I dislike is LA traffic, but since there's nothing I can do about that, I can at least make damn sure I like what I'm sitting in while I'm stuck in it.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM
I hate cars as well. They cost way to much money. My battery died the other day and now it's screwing up even worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:25 AM

I hate cars also BUT I absolutely love HUGE SUV's

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN