Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grrr, I freaking KNEW IT!! IT'S WORSE!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 19 Replies
Husband was sick, stayed home Monday to sleep all day, then Tuesday as well, he only slept half of Tuesday. Now, I'm fucking sick, he's back at work, I have no one that can help me with my son. I slept poorly and have been up since 5:30, I feel so bad, my 2 1/2 year old doesn't quite understand, mommy needs rest. Well I won't be getting it today, or any other day for that matter. Oh well, the hazards of motherhood. I know, I'm a whiney bitch.

Son of a bitch, I'm so much worse today:( Dh's attempt to get out early was being home at 7, tonight he says, like it is awesome, he may make it home by 6, really? Just for me? Thank you. I know I sound like a rotten bitch, but dammit, I KNOW he can get out earlier if it was for something HE wanted to do. Take care of his sick as shit wife? Nope? He was this sick Monday and got to sleep ALL day! Fuck I'm so grumpy. I have no one to help. No babysitter, only family is my mil and she works full time so she can only sit on the weekend. FML, just fuck it today.
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Men always act like big babies when they are sick and they can't function. Moms don't have that luxury because we never take days off. It's just the  way it is...Sorry you're not feeling well 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I know, it's crazy to see him crumble because he has a sniffle. It's tough sometimes, but I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. Thank you, I'm hoping to relax today, but its going to be 85 and I know my kid won't sit and watch cartoons all day!

Quoting Anonymous:

Men always act like big babies when they are sick and they can't function. Moms don't have that luxury because we never take days off. It's just the  way it is...Sorry you're not feeling well 

starbuckmom03
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yep, we don't get to sleep all day while someone else watches our kids.

I will say, if I am really sick, my dh will work from home.  My kids are good about playing in the basement with their toys and on those days, we break out the electronics and let them play games and watch movies all day.  My dh can help with meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I know that feeling all to well! My husband is the same way, he will be a big baby, then I gently remind him, that I had the same sickness, only I had to take care of the kids with it. Sometimes that makes him be quiet, but usually not.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
My husband had taken a few days off for me, but he had no choice, I was in the hospital! He said he would try to get out early, but early is like 6pm. He's not getting a clean house, and I smoked a whole chicken last night so he and the boy can eat off that for dinner. It's nice your hubby can work from home if he needs to, sounds nice!

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Yep, we don't get to sleep all day while someone else watches our kids.

I will say, if I am really sick, my dh will work from home.  My kids are good about playing in the basement with their toys and on those days, we break out the electronics and let them play games and watch movies all day.  My dh can help with meals.

PookiePanda
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hope you're not pooping like a fountain at least!

CafeMom Tickers
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's funny guys think they are tough, but I think moms are WAY tougher! I reminded him no ones going to let me sleep. Not to make him feel bad, just so when he comes home and I've done little to nothing today he knows why.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that feeling all to well! My husband is the same way, he will be a big baby, then I gently remind him, that I had the same sickness, only I had to take care of the kids with it. Sometimes that makes him be quiet, but usually not.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
No thank goodness! Just massive head cold and body aches. Could be worse, I'm just feeling sorry for myself!

Quoting PookiePanda:

Hope you're not pooping like a fountain at least!

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Sorry :(

It's kind of funny that it always works out that way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)