Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS has found my kryptonite! I am in trouble.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am usually really good at not falling for the cute toddler looks when they are bad or want something. Unfortunately DS has found that one thing that makes me crumble. He 22 months and learned to say please (which comes out as peas). When he says it all cute and gives me those puss in boots eyes I turn into mush and give in. I can't help it.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Yeah my dd who is 2 says i love you mommy when she is in trouble. I cannot stay mad after that
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Lol nope! I'm immune to cute looks and toddler cries. My dh on the other hand is another story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Oh good! Dont want them to think they have you wrapped around their pinky now :P

Quoting MomTo3NMW:

of course not... i never feed my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hope you don't give them food when they ask! You don't wanna be seen giving in to them!

Quoting MomTo3NMW:

Nope, I don't give in to my kids. I'm the parent.. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Mine is 2 1/2 and says all kinds of cute crap, he truly melts my heat some days with his cuteness, but, generally I still stick to the rules.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
It'll pass.

Hahahaha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Quoting AmaliaD:

Puppy eyes and please only work for a short while. If my son wants his way he has to barter or bargain. Not that he isn't adorable but by age 7 it takes more. I figure this isn't a bad set up for life, if he has a wife or room mate learning to make concessions to get his way might be the most effective method for adults. And also teaching him to accept that something's can't change. His BFF got a jr dragster for her 8th bday, like a real kids sized race car(UNSAFE!!!!) that she will race next summer(drag racing like her father and gpa) And no amount of bartering will ever make me say yes to that gift, He said if we win the lottery could I have one, and even in that case, no way Jose.

When it comes to safety issues I have no problems saying no. I want to be able to see that same cuteness tomorrow too. My protective mommy side over rules my melting heart in those situations. I agree with the compromising idea bit I am actually going to make him write out proper arguments when he get's older. I got a bunch of books on how to formulate arguments in debates and if he can formulate a proper argument with good reasoning skills than I will relent as long as there are no safety concerns.
twade26
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My daughter say please and hugs me with the cute face and says I love you mommy. I melt like hot butter. 

cLanief
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Nope. Never works.
eblstanford03
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Nope never fell for any of that. It is cute though
BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Quoting MrsLondon:

Lol nope! I'm immune to cute looks and toddler cries. My dh on the other hand is another story.

That's what I thought .....until the grandkids were born. Lol

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN