Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS has found my kryptonite! I am in trouble.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am usually really good at not falling for the cute toddler looks when they are bad or want something. Unfortunately DS has found that one thing that makes me crumble. He 22 months and learned to say please (which comes out as peas). When he says it all cute and gives me those puss in boots eyes I turn into mush and give in. I can't help it.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
mizz_mindylou
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
my son is 3 & when he wants something but already knows the answer is no he will ask for it while using sign languege to say please or will randomely say "mi nombre es evan" since hes a quarter hispanic(looks 100% hispanic)and i really want him to speak spanish but he hates it so i always get excited when he actually speaks it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Quoting olliesmommy2:

Mine is 2 1/2 and says all kinds of cute crap, he truly melts my heat some days with his cuteness, but, generally I still stick to the rules.

It's kind of easy when the things he is asking for are to read a book again or for extra fruits and veggies or even to listen to more music. I can give into those things and spoil him a bit since they are good for him anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Quoting twade26:

My daughter say please and hugs me with the cute face and says I love you mommy. I melt like hot butter. 

Awww, that is so cute.
temage
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

when my son was 3 or so, whenever he got into trouble, he would tell me "i'm sorry you're  mad at me mommy". I could never stay mad after that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Quoting mizz_mindylou:

my son is 3 & when he wants something but already knows the answer is no he will ask for it while using sign languege to say please or will randomely say "mi nombre es evan" since hes a quarter hispanic(looks 100% hispanic)and i really want him to speak spanish but he hates it so i always get excited when he actually speaks it

DS is a quarter Italian and I have been trying to teach him but he doesn't seem to be picking it up the way he has been with the sign language. It's been a bit frustrating but I just keep trying. If you figure out any tricks please let me know.
mizz_mindylou
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM

yea evan used to get reallly made when i would speak spanish to him but i have a app on my phone so we just come up with small sentences when he wants milk i say it in english & spanish & get him to repeat it back to me & soometimes i do bribe him LOL im horrible i know.im sure he will never be fluent in spanish but atleast im trying

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mizz_mindylou:

DS is a quarter Italian and I have been trying to teach him but he doesn't seem to be picking it up the way he has been with the sign language. It's been a bit frustrating but I just keep trying. If you figure out any tricks please let me know.

nyxiemist
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yes! But you learn to only melt inside. LOL

MomofSCMJJA
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Don't worry, pretty soon, you will learn to resist and he will learn to throw a temper tantrum.  You'll both get over it.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Haha, I'm not quite there with this one, but I do remember that problem!

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting FoxFire363:

Mine is 21 months and sticks out his lower lip when he's sad. Kills me inside every freaking time he does that.

Mine is four.  Pouty lip kills mama. 

I don't cave but oh man, is it ever hard to remain firm. 

I do not think it ever gets better.  I once saw a friend of ours make a sad face at his mama and she went from "No, absolutely not!" to "Ohhh.... fine.  But you're a brat, you know that?"  LOL, he was 24 years old! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)