Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS has found my kryptonite! I am in trouble.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am usually really good at not falling for the cute toddler looks when they are bad or want something. Unfortunately DS has found that one thing that makes me crumble. He 22 months and learned to say please (which comes out as peas). When he says it all cute and gives me those puss in boots eyes I turn into mush and give in. I can't help it.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Quoting MomofSCMJJA:

Don't worry, pretty soon, you will learn to resist and he will learn to throw a temper tantrum.  You'll both get over it.

He has already tried temper tantrums. He learned really quickly that it doesn't work with me. I just pulled out a book and sat there reading. He gave up that route which is when he started the please thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mizz_mindylou:

You never know, my cousin was resistant at first when my grandmother was teaching him but now he loves it. He is the most fluent in our family. Sadly, my grandmother has alzheimer's and can't help me with DS :(
LilliesValley
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Nope. I just laugh and say "that's not going to work but nice try." Consistency is the key so I don't give in just bc you said please. I will say I'm glad you are using your manners but the answer is still no.

Caak379
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM

awww i would melt too! i'm a sucker for puss in boots!! 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Awwwwwww, all 3 of mine used to do that. Sigh, they are 7,9, and 12 now, they don't use it anymore. Enjoy it, LOL.  

Oh and it didn't get them their way but it sure was cute.  I said yes sometimes and no sometimes.  It depended on what they were asking me to do or asking me to have. LOL

KatieKramer94
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

yesss! my daughter is 23 months today and she does the exact same thing!!

ex; she wants more grapes for her snack, she'll hold her bowl up to me and say "grapes, mommy? peeeas!!!" and gives me the sweetest smile.

LisaSmock
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

tsk tsk  just think about him pooing in his pants everytime he gives you that look.. Oh and take a video of him saying it  you will want that when he is older  time flys fast so hold on tight  :( mine starts K next week

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Nope. I don't give in after I've said "no" once. He knows that. If you do, then you'll have a hell of a time with disciplining!

It's one thing to think he's just the cutest thing in the world and that's great. But don't give in under any circumstances.

coreynlala
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Yes. Landon could be in trouble, being the naughtiest little boy possible, then when you go to say some thing his bright blue eyes look at you and he does this sweet little shoulder shrug and bats his eyelashes, not even on purpose, and no body can be mad at him anymore. He makes his self look so innocent. 

ashley9603
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM

My twins are 26 months and I have learned to break through that defense lol....they give me the eyes and look all innocent lol...Im onto them tho!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN