Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like a bad mom. Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
5 moms liked this
I just had my 2nd baby less than a week ago. When she was born I felt an instant connection and immediately fell in love with her.

That's not how I felt about my son at all. I felt completely disconnected. It took me several months to feel like that towards him.I contribute it to me being younger and not really thrilled about being pregnant.

So it just makes me feel guilty that I had such an immediate connection with her and not him.That's my confession someone tell me I'm not alone.

EDIT

Thank you for all the supportive comments!
With this being posted in mc I really thought I'd get more bashing.
Thanks again you guys really made me feel better.

Edit again

Ahhh!!! I got featured!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Apparently you're not alone because I've seen hundreds of posts like these on cafemom before. i'm only pregnant with my first so I can't tell you how well I've connected with mine.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
9 moms liked this

You're not.  I think the important thing to remember is that you DID make a connection with your son eventually.  It's like the song "Love isn't always on time".  Your son will never know the difference all he knows is that you do have one with him.  Your feelings are your feelings...now if he was three and you still have no connection then yes you have a problem you need to work out.  But you don't.

I had a more immediate connection with my first than I did with my second.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I had an immediate connection with my first but not my second. It happens. You aren't alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
That's good to hear.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had an immediate connection with my first but not my second. It happens. You aren't alone.

LilliesValley
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Do you love and care for your son now? I bet so. That's all that matters. don't get hung up on little things, it's a waste of time.

Yogamom08
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
4 moms liked this
You're not alone. I think a parent has a different relationship with each child.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You are not alone, darling. I felt the same. You probably weren't ready for your first and didn't fully understand that mommy baby connection with the first one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

i had an immediate connection to my first second and fourth...my third took a while

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I never went through this with any of my 4, but you are not alone. As long as you love your children it shouldn't matter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)