Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

those who spank. .

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 356 Replies
Do you spank your bad behaving child in public?
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

If my DD is misbahaving in public she will get a tap on the bottom. 

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
14 moms liked this

Yes I do...if there actions warrant immediate attention,then yes I do and I dont care what anyone thinks...they stare when you let your kids run amok,they stare if you discipline,you cant win!My kids usually respond well to my voice and know when its time to settle down.I laugh at the moms that count to three...they never make it to three because they have no intention of following through with whatever discilpine they had in mind....just sayin...

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I agree

Quoting ashley9603:

Yes I do...if there actions warrant immediate attention,then yes I do and I dont care what anyone thinks...they stare when you let your kids run amok,they stare if you discipline,you cant win!My kids usually respond well to my voice and know when its time to settle down.I laugh at the moms that count to three...they never make it to three because they have no intention of following through with whatever discilpine they had in mind....just sayin...

JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
4 moms liked this

I count to 3 and if my DD doesnt stop by 3 I do follow through. But she has learnt to stop before i reach 3. 

Quoting ashley9603:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You already know they don't! They are embarrassed. There will be a million excuses as to why; but it all comes down to they KNOW they are wrong for doing it!
KDouglas2
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Well hell yes.....if the situation warrented it.... say if my DD ran out into a parking lot where she could get hit by a car....or if they were pitching an unholy fit or something.  You have to disipline in the moment.  If you child is doing something dangerous or just acting like a complete brat I say, swat away........and I dare anyone to say a thing to me about it.  You disipline your kids...and I will disipline mine.  I can say though, that even though we spank, we dont have to do it often. Our kids know what the hard limits are and they know there are somethings if they do them, they will get an immediate spanking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Depends on the offense and where we are. I usually try to take him away, to the bathroom Embarrassing him is not part of my plan (I have more than one child but only one that ever needs to be disciplined on a regular basis). My dh doesn't care though he will spank wherever infront of whomever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I have patience. Im teaching my kids patience and communication skills. When you hit you arent teaching your kids selfcontrol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I take my child to the bathroom and talk the first time. If he keeps acting up I then take him back and spank him. Is it in public yes but yet its private. I try my best to use a family bathroom so its only us. That way he is not in front of everyone. I feel this is the best way to rise MY child it is what works for us. I have only had to do it once. Now I just say do we need to go to the bathroom.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
10 moms liked this
I don't physically assault my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)