Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER Worthy or no?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 26 Replies

My Sweet DD has a nasty rash.  I have tried everything. Poor Saphy has the redest bottom. I have tried all the destins, Balmex, oatmeal baths, nystatin, you name it Ive tried it. Shes four months old, and her rash is hot red with what looks like red bumps. The doctor cant get her in until late next week. But in the mean time, Shes in pain. She loves her bumbo seat but wont sit in it due to the pain on her bottom. Contiplating ER, because the Quick care clinic wont accept her insurance. I hate seeing her in this pain. And Im sure the co-pay is well worth seeing my baby soothed. What do you guys think? Er or no Er?

by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MysticIceWater
by Saphyres mommy on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

wodntulk2kno1
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I would if it was my child. Could be a rash that needs a prescription medicine. Also because of her age and it being she cant sit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

IDK sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
This is a tough one... If you can't get in to see a Pedi for several more days, I would probably find and Urgent Care Center and if I couldn't, I would go to the ER...
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

In all the years I have been taking my child to a pediatrician, I have never had them not allow her to come in on that day if she had a health issue going on.  I would not accept that with my doctor at all!!!!  Don't allow it to go on for that long, if you can't get her to another doctor, take her in to one of those after hour pediatric centers.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quoting littlelamb303:

In all the years I have been taking my child to a pediatrician, I have never had them not allow her to come in on that day if she had a health issue going on.  I would not accept that with my doctor at all!!!!  Don't allow it to go on for that long, if you can't get her to another doctor, take her in to one of those after hour pediatric centers.

meaganmac
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I probably would. It takes a lot to get me at the ER, but a baby in pain would do it. If you don't have any other options to get her seen in the next day or 2, you don't have much choice. Plus the fact that the rash is hot is a sign that it's an infection.
dcarter31
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Try Monista Diaper Rashes Are Yeast My Son Had A Horrible Rash I Used Monistat And It Cleared Up Fast And Im An RN
dcarter31
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Monistat I Mean..Sorry My Phone Is Terrible
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried talking to the office nurse to get something prescribed (like a medicated ointment)?  Often times if you go that route, either something can be prescribed or they try to fit you in if you can't get an appointment.  You can also call the on-call number since your baby is 4 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)