Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hpv

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I'm 21. I have HPV. I went through some tests and a LEEP surgery to see if I had cervical cancer because a pap test and a biopsy came back with high grade abnormal cells.
When I found out I had HPV I felt dirty and this is something I have to cope with and deal with for the rest of my life. I'm pleased I don't have cancer. I'm worries about the HPV and hoping for the best.

Do any of you moms have HPV?!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Can you private message me?  I would message you, but your post is anonymous.  I have something that might be able to help you :)

Pregnancy Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I do. I'm going in for my second test, I'm high grade, may have to get a leep as well. I'm 23. Don't feel dirty a crazy amount of women have it. I mean if it's the warts strand then I could understand, but since you had a leep done it obviously wasn't. You're good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
You r not alone. Most of the women in my family have it too. Extremely common unfortunately.
amandamarielee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I was told I have it. was not told about any leep thing. as far as I am aware I do not have the wart strain? I was told it'd goaway on its own? now I am worried.
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Don't feel dirty. Unfortunately, it is very common.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM
You're fucked.
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM

From all that I know about it,most strains do go away on their own. IIRC only one strain caused warts and one caused cancer.I dont think they were the same?Sorry we had a whole series of classes on it at work,so trying to remember the info. Google might be better than my old self though.

Quoting amandamarielee:

I was told I have it. was not told about any leep thing. as far as I am aware I do not have the wart strain? I was told it'd goaway on its own? now I am worried.

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Rude and not even true.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're fucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Something crazy like 80% of college age women have it. I had it and my body fought it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM
It's not rude. Yes she's fucked. Herpes never goes away. It can be controlled, but it's not ever going away.

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Rude and not even true.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're fucked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)