Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

QUESTION ADDED I'm shocked... Freaking out!! I don't even know!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I got a referral from a nanny from a reliable friend and she passed a background check.

Today she babysit for the 1st time and she let them walk to the store ALONE! It is only a block and a half away but it's on the high way!! I'm freaking out. I don't even want to go to work tomorrow now I'm so mad I don't even want to confront her for a few minutes. They are 9 and 6 btw. My 9 year old has a cell phone but he's now grounded from everything for telling the nanny he walked there a lot

Do you think someone will call cps because of this!? I'm really freaking out. I just want to cry. Now they say they went 3 times
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have even paid her for that day and would be contacting the nanny service to settle the dispute over wages for that one day.  

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Wait so he told the nanny he was allowed to? And she believed him? I'm sorry; I don't care how old a child is. If you are paying me to watch them that means I stay with them. She wouldn't be working for me anymore honestly.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Quoting BraydensMama163:

She neglected your children and let them near a highway while she sat at your house. I'd file neglect or whatever charges the law would allow in this case

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the police and say what?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Thank god for that still though, shed be gone and I'd probably call the police and the agency she works for

Quoting Anonymous:

I also have a 4 year old who stayed home thank god!!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

She is being paid to keep her eyes on your children at all times and she let them walk to a store? What the hell was doing? Sitting in your house on her ass? Hell no!!

There is no legislation in Oklahoma that would allow for any charges to be filed. Oklahoma doe snot have home alone laws and it is up to the adult in charge to decide if the children are capable or not.

They may do something if there was a negative outcome, but because everything is fine, they wouldn't do anything. 

Mommy2b2many
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone may have called cps. But if they come out just be honest. Say that your babysitter screwed up; and that you let her go because of it.
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

That is irresponsible and no I would not be leaving my kids with her again if I were you.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is this nanny?  She doesn't sound very bright to me.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

leakymommy2
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Oh man. No way. I am so sorry mama.
Imo she needs to be let go. How old is she? Is this her first nanny job?? You dont let kids just walk away like that!!
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

If this is real (3 times, really?) calm down.  I highly doubt anyone called CPS.  They would have literally had to follow your children home in order to file a report and the fact is most people are too distracted/lazy/non-observant to have even noticed. 

Just don't hire the crazy nanny back and you and your children will be fine. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Old enough to realize when a kid is trying to pull something over on you and old enough to call you to get the real deal.  You need to fire her and get the word out to her "references" as to why.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)