Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

True story....no lie

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

I almost forgot to share this with you guys because it happened on the first day of a staycation back in March.  DH and I decided that since he was working in the direction in which we planned to go, that we would do his jobs on the way to Orlando.  There were three jobs.  The plan was to drop the kids and I off at a nearby shopping center and I would walk them around or get a snack to keep them busy.  They were 5 and 9 at the time.  So, the first was quick and I thought it wasn't too bad of an idea.  Then, the second job.  It was 'supposed' to be pretty quick, but it took almost two hours and the closest center had a 7-11, a bakery/cafe, a couple of tiny stores, and another restaurant. 

I thought the bakery was a great place for some pastries, so we went in there.  I am a big fan of Cuban bakeries, since I found the one by our house and it was awesome.  You can find all kinds of yummy stuff in there, including many French pastries- which I have a huge inability to not indulge in if I get too close.  Needless to state, I had a Napoleon.  LOL  I also have a DD who has a small bladder and often needs to stop and find a bathroom.  While we were there, she had to go.  Thankfully, I was done eating.  We had to walk THROUGH the middle of the kitchen to use the bathroom.  The floor was nasty and there was, and I am not kidding now, smoked ham hocks on an open tray near the open back door- with flies all over the place.  Gag! 

So, we were done and needed to leave, but DH was no where NEAR done, so I thought, I'll take the kids for a walk- so I feel less guilty about the Napoleon.  So we did, but the center was pretty small and that lasted about 15 minutes.  There was a small grassy area near the 7-11, so the kids took their shoes off and rolled around for a bit.  Now, here's the part you may not believe, but I couldn't make this shit up, IF I TRIED.  So, I am leaning against a pole near the corner of the covered walkway and in front of the 7-11.  There is a teenager about 15-16, hanging around outside with a backpack and immediately, I thought nothing of it, but as time passed, I realized he may have been a drug dealer.  At one point, he walked out to a car and was talking to a guy through the window.  I did not stare, as I know better....mmmmkay. 

Then, there was a couple in their twenties having a screaming match on the sidewalk by the road and I had to repeatedly tell the kids to not look at them.  Nope, not going provoke anyone who was THAT mad.  Not going to do it.  I did NOT want THAT directed at any of us.  I am starting to get a bit nervous.  I see men, mostly- going into the 7-11 to get their after work alcohol and begin to wonder what the hell I was thinking, when one of them came up to me and tried to awkwardly flirt with me.  He smelled like week old BO and stale beer.  Such a fragrant and unpleasant combination of fuckery.  I made sure to look away, but kept him in my peripheral vision, in case he decided my lack of attention was an affront to his manhood that he could not bear.  *shiver*  He eventually realized that I was uninterested and wandered off.

However, none of the above was the most entertaining part of the afternoon.  That arrived when a woman who appeared to be in her 50's, was obviously dropped off by one of her John's.  She gingerly swung her legs out of his truck and using her four point cane, slowly made her wobbly way inside the 7-11 for a cold drink with her newly made money, before coming back outside to stand/lean against the building of her corner near the 7-11.  She tried to talk to me, but I also rebuffed her advances and made it known that I was not going to be friendly.  I was no longer patient and texted furiously to DH to get it done and pick us up. 

On the third and final job that DH had to do, we sat our happy asses in the damn truck.

The End.

by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

laughing

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Aww why didn't you want to chat with the broke down hoe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

LOL

Your story reminds me of some of the folks I met back in my hitchhiking days.

The old hookers were some of the friendliest folks I ever met in my life.

The stinky old men had amazing stories of the wars they fought in.

opal10161973
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I'm glad you liked it.  LOL

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

laughing

opal10161973
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Heck no, by that point, I was done with ALL of it.  LOL

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

opal10161973
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Dude, she pulled out her pill bottle and took some once she came outside with her drink.  I didn't want anything to do with ANY of them!  I have worked in nursing homes, so I have already heard so many stories of men of war, I didn't need to add any more to my collection.  LOL

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

LOL

Your story reminds me of some of the folks I met back in my hitchhiking days.

The old hookers were some of the friendliest folks I ever met in my life.

The stinky old men had amazing stories of the wars they fought in.

mom31990
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM

wth does your dh do that you guys have to tag along why not stay home?

opal10161973
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

We could have stayed home, but it would have meant five more hours of driving for DH and he has sciatica, so it's harder on him.  Although, after this fiasco, we decided to never do it again.  He installs alarm systems and home automation to an area of FL that is about 6 hours in length and width, since much of it is not developed.  So, he can have a job three or four hours away sometimes if he needs to go to the other coast. 

Quoting mom31990:

wth does your dh do that you guys have to tag along why not stay home?

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Come on now, you probably would have enjoyed it. I hear people in that line of work are real people pleasers. Hehe

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

LOL...no. 

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Come on now, you probably would have enjoyed it. I hear people in that line of work are real people pleasers. Hehe

Quoting opal10161973:

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)