Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid is disabled!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies

Poll

Question: Do these kids really have autism??

Options:

Lack of discipline

The kids truly have autism

Blame it on the chicken

Other, I will explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

Just because your kid is bad as hell does not mean they are autistic! I have seen several autistic kids and they have all been well mannered and very quite. Just because your kid is bat shit crazy because you don't discipline them doesn't make them autistic. When are people going to own up to what they created and stop writing it off to a disability? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
j3st3r
by Jedi on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My nephew has autism. His behaviors can be annoying but he's not bad. He doesn't even realize when kids are making fun of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh i know I also can't stand the bipolar label mostly it's just people acting like a dick and using a label to excuse their bad behavior. I feel for kids who are actually autistic cuz they don't get the help they really need since evey kid is labeled and not disciplined. Big pharma people are the ones to thank for it so they can medicate everyone and sell their meds
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I think a lot of it is lack of discipline... There are truly some kids that are autistic but they are overlooked because of the other people abusing it... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

That is the difference. The kids that are truly autistic are not bad. These women saying my kid is autistic are crazy. Their kids are simply bad!

Quoting j3st3r:

My nephew has autism. His behaviors can be annoying but he's not bad. He doesn't even realize when kids are making fun of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BUMP!

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm sick and tired of this same damn argument all the time. The majority of kids with autism ARE well behaved kids. My son isn't a brat, he doesn't misbehave (at least no more than any other almost 3 year old), he isn't violent. I do discipline him, but in different ways, because he doesn't comprehend as well as other kids his age. Take away a toy? Yeah, so what, toys mean nothing to him. Put him in time out? Good luck getting him to sit in one place without physically restraining him. Try to explain why what he did was wrong? Yeah, maybe that would work if his receptive language skills were even CLOSE to his age.

Don't assume that because he has autism, he's a brat, or I use it as an excuse to let him run wild. Just because you may see him in public having a meltdown, and instead of scolding him, I'm giving him a hug, doesn't mean I'm "letting him get away with it." I'm doing what works FOR HIM and his specific needs.
monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
My sons been kicked out of 3 schools goes to therapy twice a week, he's 8 its been a year they still want to label him " autistic" he's not, bipolar more than likely, he obviously has a mood disorder, he can be violent ever since he was tiny I have three other kids all have impeccable records, what's your take on him? Its not my parenting you bitch :)
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM
That might be a valid argument, except that the majority of time autism is treated with therapy rather than medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh i know I also can't stand the bipolar label mostly it's just people acting like a dick and using a label to excuse their bad behavior. I feel for kids who are actually autistic cuz they don't get the help they really need since evey kid is labeled and not disciplined. Big pharma people are the ones to thank for it so they can medicate everyone and sell their meds
_ClearFruit_
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
They may not have autism. but it can be a behavioral problem
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)