Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

peanuts, wic, and school lunch. here we go...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We don't get wic or foodstamps. Like a lot of people, we live paycheck to paycheck. Id like to get wic, but DH makes JUST over too much. We do NOT have or use credit cards, but we have car loans, student loans, Doctor bills, mortgage, and two children.

So- that stinks about food stamps & wic. But we appreciate what we have and are happy for people who can get it.

So the reason for this post... We can't afford to send our son to school most days with something other than Peanut Butter and Jelly. Sometimes its going to happen. Seriously, my son needs to eat lunch! His well being comes before your Peanut Allergy kid. My kid can't get free lunch either. Ill send the PB&J this year.

Its just a situation that has to happen. Your child is very important and we feel bad n all, but your problems are not my problems! If it comes down to it things will get wild. I guess...

Let the games begin! Lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM
You make sense. And no one wins!

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your school even have a peanut-free policy? You didn't say, just threw your gauntlet down, lol.

I do find it funny that other kids' problems aren't your problems...but aren't you effectively making YOUR kid's problems into other kids' problems?

KGreen75
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think banning peanut products school wide is stupid.  There should be allergen free classrooms.

With that said, you could always send your kid to school with a cheese sandwich or cheese and crackers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
can they ban peanut butter from school? for most field trips the lunch they pack is pb&j sandwiches. the only comment is if your child has problems pack them a lunch and shut up.. other options is home school, or private school your child should be aware of the allergies they have
Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

these are the same questions that i have..... I actually never ever heard of "peanut free" schools until I came on CM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

What the hell happened to having the kids with the allergies sit at an allergen free table near the teachers? When in the hell did peanuts become so menacing that they started killing kids for making eyecontact with a peanut eater? 

I genuinely don't understand why or how this has become such an issue. Why do all these kids in just a few generations become so sickly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
If ur kid needs to eat peanut butter everyday maybe you should consider hooking him up to an I.v full with peanut butter
Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
3 moms liked this

oh for fucks sake, can we stop this shit and just start feeding these damn kids egg salad sandwiches?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Processed food? Meh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lady, if you feel that your only "cheap" option is pb&j, you've got bigger problems.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I was asking questions, not making statements. I really do want to know why the hell so many kids are becoming so intolerant of the enviroment around them.  It is just weird to me.  Maybe because I was raised in the country, in the south, and the kids tend to be sturdier, but we only had about five kids with allergies, and they sat at a spereate table and took responsibilty of their allergy themselves. I just don't understand what has changed.

Quoting Anonymous:

agreed

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

What the hell happened to having the kids with the allergies sit at an allergen free table near the teachers? When in the hell did peanuts become so menacing that they started killing kids for making eyecontact with a peanut eater? 

I genuinely don't understand why or how this has become such an issue. Why do all these kids in just a few generations become so sickly?

jillian9412
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

do you go to local food banks. my mom makes too much for that and she gets food from food banks in the area and it's free

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You could get free lunch if you tried a bit harder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured