Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you women think other women can't be friends with married men?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is it because of insecurities? Or what? If my best guy friend got married I don't think we shouldn't be friends because of that.

Most of you women won't admit you are insecure about your husbands being friends with females and its really sad.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

My husband and I do not have friends of the opposite sex outside of our couples life.  It's a mutual respect.  If I was insecure I wouldn't demand what I do from a relationship, I would be afraid to push him away, but I'm not!

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM

My husband has female friends. Doesn't bother me. I also have some really good guy friends, a couple of them are married and I still talk to them, although it's on FB because I live so far away. I don't see the big deal unless they are actually acting inappropriately or disrespectfully towards the spouse. 

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My husband has several girl friends at work and i have no probkem with that. He has them on Facebook too and again no problem here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I don't think that.....
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM

insecurities.

one of my best friends is male and we hang out together all the time.  i'm going over to his house for dinner on sunday. 

i don't care if dh has any female friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I think its crazy to sacrifice a friendship for your husband. Your husband knew about the friendship before marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was willing to sacrifice friendships with the opposite sex for my husband and I don't regret it. If your best friend thought a friendship with the opposite sex would cause strain on his marriage, he would not hesitate to drop you. He didn't make vows to you but he did to her

Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Ha!  My dh says the exact same thing.  "You're the only woman I can stand.  Why would I choose to be friends with other women?"  Makes me chuckle.  I can't totally blame him.  I've always been the kind of girl who only has one or two female friends, but a bunch of male ones. 

Quoting i_am_no_1:

I don't quite know. My dh just says he doesn't really like to deal with women because they're all bitches, lol.

I make friends with men much easier, personally.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Sums it up perfectly, in my opinion.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Insecurity on my part? No.

I just think it opens way too many doors. I have been hit on and far worse by married "friends". I just don't want to put myself in that situation anymore...because no matter what *I* will be the bad guy. It's easier for women to accept it that way.

Can they be Facebook friends? Couple friends? Get together as group friends? Sure. Can they be private dinners, movies, frequent texting friends? No. Not in my opinion.
SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I think it's okay to stay friends but it's appropriate to include their mate in all get-togethers. I think it has to do with some insecurity which I think is pretty natural but also how some of those friendships can cross certain boundaries that our significant other would not approve of. Neither would we if it was happening to us.

I always stop and think how it would make me feel if he were doing or saying the things I'm doing or saying. If I wouldn't approve of him doing it, I shouldn't be doing it either.   

BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My best friend is a man and we are both married (not to each other). His wife hates me but my husbands fine with him because weve been friends for 22 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)