Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you women think other women can't be friends with married men?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is it because of insecurities? Or what? If my best guy friend got married I don't think we shouldn't be friends because of that.

Most of you women won't admit you are insecure about your husbands being friends with females and its really sad.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (91-96):
lisajo76
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I think if you trust your husband then it's not a big deal if he has female friends. My ex bonked every woman he worked with behind my back so I knew he couldn't have female friends. When I found my new hubby, I still trusted him instantly. Never thought I would trust anyone this way but he has many female friends. Some have become my friends too. I do get jealous here and there but that's my insecurity, not his fault. I love him like crazy and my insecurities aren't worth damaging the trust we share.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I'm not surprised. In many of the relationships I have seen with a male/ female good friends at least one of the parties had/has some romantic interest in the other party.
Quoting JDmommyJD:

it depends on how "good" of friends. I watched a psychiatrist speak on this the other day, how its nearly impossible for the relationship to remain a neutral friendship. And by friendship, talking on the phone, hanging out after work, going out alone...etc.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Makes sense. After all, there are more to replationships than sexual attraction. If the oppsoite sex makes a great friend this means they are a good listener, shares common interests, cares for you, enjoys spending time with you, tells you their secrets, etc. These are all things that make a good MATE, however. And, it is only a matter of time before romantic feelings erupt.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not surprised. In many of the relationships I have seen with a male/ female good friends at least one of the parties had/has some romantic interest in the other party.
Quoting JDmommyJD:

it depends on how "good" of friends. I watched a psychiatrist speak on this the other day, how its nearly impossible for the relationship to remain a neutral friendship. And by friendship, talking on the phone, hanging out after work, going out alone...etc.

pancake.
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My husbands best friend is a female. I've never been insecure about it. She's a really cool chick, and it was like getting a built in bestie lol. Her and I hang out sometimes, sometimes he just goes places with her & sometimes we go all together. But this is normal to me. I can see how others wouldn't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM
OMFGoodness!!! DH dated a girl for about a week once and they broke up because she cheated. They still stayed friends for a while but eventually trailed away from each other. Anyway, she resurfaced and calls him "my bestie" "my bff" "my guy" etc. DH hasn't seen her or spoke to her since we've met. She said "how can D be married if I never gave him away?" She's nuts. DH blocked her from everything lol

Quoting jenerica.:

I get it.  Sometimes women are bitches.  One of my hubby's best friends is a woman.  They have been friends for over 20 years.  And even after all these years, she STILL makes comments like she knows him better than I do.  She STILL says shit about his preferences, like big boobs and that kind of shit, when I have A's.  It can be infuriating.  SOME women can't take that kind of shit from their hubby's girl-friends.  Lucky for my husband, I'm not SOME women.  :)  But like I said, I get it....even though I choose to overlook it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My husband has no desire to be friends with females. I don't think female friends belong in a marriage with the husband. Maybe we think the female friends are stupid hoes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)