Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Transgender In California Schools (edit in poll)

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 280 Replies

Poll

Question: do you support this new bill?

Options:

support it

do not support it

I dont care

I support tax money being spent on unisex bathrooms

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 359

View Results

new California bill allows transgender students to let them chose the bathroom and locker rooms they want to use. a lot of parents are outraged and say their children will be uncomfortable some support the bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/us/california-transgender-school-law

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Honestly I'm really torn. On one hand if I had a transgender child I'd be for it but not having one I still feel the plight for them but also see how my children would react (they are 7,5) to a girl being a boy or vise versa. I'm just undecided
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I fully support it! My best friend is transgender and just had her final surgery last month. My son seen her from the beginning at her transition, and he asked once why Auntie Ts looks changed so much, and I explained it to him in a simple kid friendly way. He accepted it. Why make kids feel shame over something they can't control? It's not like they are going to be in there checking out other kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I support some of it not all.  Bathrooms - fine.  Showers should have privacy.  HS teams - not so sure.  Will it give an unfair advantage to the transgender child?  Will it effect the ability of a female athlete to receive a scholarship because the boy who identifies as a girl yet is still fully male wins all the titles? 

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm in California, I support the bill!

I think no matter which locker or bathroom there will be people uncomfortable with it....

A biological male who feels and dresses to be a female in a boys locker room is a target and is bound to make some uncomfortable... Same with a biological female transgender Ina girls locker room or bathroom..... There is no perfect answer right now, but allowing them the choice could make them more comfortable and teach a level of acceptance... That could make everyone more comfortable!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
13 moms liked this
I do not support it! I'm all for human rights but this takes it too far. You have a penis, you go in the men's room. End of story.

This should not even be up for debate. Unless we're talking about a 3 year old of course. That's different.
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
10 moms liked this

No, I dont. I do not want the opposite sex in the bathroom with my children. Period. Im not a homophobe. I think if gay couples want to get married, thats great too but this is crossing the line.

ETA::: Since people want to assume, I have to post here that NO...I know that transgender does not necessarily mean gay. I m pretty well educated, I have common sense, I get it. 

Anyway, the point is not their sexual orientation. That was why I made the gay marriage comment. 

The point I wanted to make is in the first sentence of my post. I do NOT want the biological boys in school in the bathroom with my biological girls and vice versa.   I hope this clears up the confusion for some of you here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
7 moms liked this

I would not support this. My child would be pulled from school.

mom31990
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM

bump

mom31990
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM

or are people afraid to answer this? as in it is a touchy subject

bbluvsme
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM
14 moms liked this

The problem with this is that just anyone could say they're transgendered.  Any guy could say "hey, I feel like a girl" and just waltz into the girls' locker room/bathroom.  They might as well just make everything unisex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)